"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Type 2 - Series Ringer

Started by JimNY, February 10, 2023, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNY

Hi Folks,
I am currently working on putting a WE type 2 box back in working order (I hope). I'm making some assumptions based on the magneto that this originally had the ringer in series. However, the wiring was changed over the years and no longer resembles the diagram attached.  My question is about the contact that meets the mag on the handle side. That has been removed and I haven't been able to find any good pics that show what it should look like and how its attached to the box. If anyone can help answer that or provide some pics of a type 2 in their collection I would be very appreciative. I have included some pics of the magneto and the box that hopefully help explain my question! Thanks in advance.

HarrySmith

I have some pictures of a magneto with that contact here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=26122.msg254811#msg254811
I don't know if that helps. I can get better pictures of the contact if needed.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JimNY

Thanks Harry. I ended up making a contact similar to the wiring diagram but using the existing screw holes in the box. I'm not sure it's correct or if it work, but I find out in the next week or so as the rebuild continues.. .