"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE80 Won't Ring

Started by AET, February 26, 2023, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Hey all -

I picked up an AE80 today at an antique shop. I cleaned it up, it dials out, receives calls, but does not ring.

I tried some wiring changes that were in an old thread here. The phone still works as it should, aside from the ring.

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Also, to any old timers who remember me: long time, no see!

- Tom

AET

Ringer image.
- Tom

RDPipes

Well what we have here is a lack of a Straight Ringer.......that's a Frequency ringer you have there.
I don't think I have a extra AE straight ringer because I've had to do a couple of ringer replacements myself but, I'll take a look.

AET

My fear was that it was a frequency ringer but wanted to be sure. I live in AE territory, but love Western Electrics haha!
- Tom

AET

If you end up having one you could spare, I'd be happy to buy it from you!

Quote from: RDPipes on February 26, 2023, 07:52:15 PMWell what we have here is a lack of a Straight Ringer.......that's a Frequency ringer you have there.
I don't think I have a extra AE straight ringer because I've had to do a couple of ringer replacements myself but, I'll take a look.
- Tom

RDPipes

Quote from: AET on February 26, 2023, 08:07:50 PMIf you end up having one you could spare, I'd be happy to buy it from you!

I looked and found I used my last straight ringer but, I do have a 20hz frequency ringer that will ring but, not as loud as a straight ringer but, you'll hear it. If you want that (FREE) I sent you a PM.

AET

I got your PM and that'll work perfect. Thank you!

Quote from: RDPipes on February 26, 2023, 08:10:30 PMI looked and found I used my last straight ringer but, I do have a 20hz frequency ringer that will ring but, not as loud as a straight ringer but, you'll hear it. If you want that (FREE) I sent you a PM.
- Tom

RDPipes

Quote from: AET on February 26, 2023, 08:27:58 PMI got your PM and that'll work perfect. Thank you!

Your PM is missing your address Tom. Looks like you went to put it in but, it aint there.

AET

I'm struggling with the forum a little bit. Must be out of practice. I think I got it to you this time!

Quote from: RDPipes on February 26, 2023, 08:33:31 PMYour PM is missing your address Tom. Looks like you went to put it in but, it aint there.
- Tom

FABphones

Quote from: AET on February 26, 2023, 07:40:58 PM...to any old timers who remember me: long time, no see!

Although not exactly an old timer, I have enjoyed reading your posts of past (the name abbreviation and avatar threw me there for a while). Welcome back Tom.

Quote from: AET on February 26, 2023, 08:58:11 PMI'm struggling with the forum a little bit. Must be out of practice...

The forum software has undergone a few updates since your previous login, but is easy to navigate. You just need to post about more phones!  ;D
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

I do recall you shortened your screen name.
Atomic Era Tom
Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AET

Yep! It was a mouth full and since we own a Victorian, we don't do the "Atomic Era" anymore lol!

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 27, 2023, 08:25:48 AMI do recall you shortened your screen name.
Atomic Era Tom
Harry
- Tom

AET

Thank you for the warm welcome back! I'm hoping during this "slow time of the year" I'll be able to spend more time on my phone projects!

Quote from: FABphones on February 27, 2023, 01:41:13 AMAlthough not exactly an old timer, I have enjoyed reading your posts of past (the name abbreviation and avatar threw me there for a while). Welcome back Tom.

The forum software has undergone a few updates since your previous login, but is easy to navigate. You just need to post about more phones!  ;D

- Tom

HarrySmith

Good to see you back Tom  ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AET

Thanks! I'm glad to be dabbling in the hobby, again!

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 01, 2023, 01:32:11 PMGood to see you back Tom  ;D
- Tom