News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE monophone 2655-ish found in a flea market

Started by Contempra, April 03, 2023, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

Hi everyone ,Could you help me to find what is this model according to the 4 pictures . I don't really know the Automatic Electric phones, but this one works, at least for a normal line as there is a 'line-cord' to install. For the rest of the buttons, I don't have a clue and, yes I did some research, but I didn't find anything. (probably not the right numbers, some of them are erased halfway)  . Sorry for the big pictures :(

G-Man

Looks like a standard AECo Type-86 key telephone desk set. Typically used with a 10A1/10A2 (1A1/1A2) KTS.

G-Man

Quote from: G-Man on April 03, 2023, 07:25:00 PMLooks like a standard AECo Type-86 key telephone desk set. Typically used with a 10A1/10A2 (1A1/1A2) KTS.

G-Man

poplar1

AE Type 87
3 lines + 3 hold
Note the signal button
Not compatible with 10A2 Key
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Thank you guys . I don't know the approximate manufacture date nor if the other two lines work, but at least it is not broken and works on the main line. The button ' SIG ' is used for what exactly ? simple question to satisfy my curiosity :) Thanks to all of you.

EDIT, this phone is quite heavy

G-Man

Quote from: poplar1 on April 03, 2023, 09:33:33 PMAE Type 87
3 lines + 3 hold
Note the signal button
Not compatible with 10A2 Key
I first thought of a Type-87 but since his does not have separate hold buttons for each line, this narrowed it down to a Type-86 instrument with the optional signal/ground and exclusion buttons.

So the question is whether the photos do it justice or are there three red hold buttons when viewed in person?

G-Man

Quote from: G-Man on April 04, 2023, 03:14:53 AMI first thought of a Type-87 but since his does not have separate hold buttons for each line, this narrowed it down to a Type-86 instrument with the optional signal/ground and exclusion buttons.

So the question is whether the photos do it justice or are there three red hold buttons when viewed in person?
Automatic Electric Type 87 3-line/3-hold

Contempra

Quote from: G-Man on April 04, 2023, 03:14:53 AMI first thought of a Type-87 but since his does not have separate hold buttons for each line, this narrowed it down to a Type-86 instrument with the optional signal/ground and exclusion buttons.

No, there's no red button at all . all buttons are clear .

poplar1

86 does not have the chrome SIG button to buzz the secretary. Denis's phone does

86 does not have different color plungers to avoid mechanically disconnecting held lines when restoring the handset to the cradle -- Denis's phone does

86 does not usually have exclusion buttons on top -- this one does

All keys were clear on early 87s -- this phone is early

Phone is stamped N87 -- not N86

Contempra

Hi David, there is a neon on the first, third and second last button only (I say 'neon' but I don't make any difference between neon and incandescent). The other buttons have none. Where the handset goes (cradle) I have a black button and the other chromed, idem between the ears of the cradle (one chromed and the other red)

poplar1

Contempra

Thank you very much David . it's good to know  .