News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - October 2010

Started by Dennis Markham, October 28, 2010, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Had the October 2010 Find of the Month?

Kenny's 302
4 (25%)
Bushman's Ericssson "Eiffel Tower"
10 (62.5%)
Kidphone's N.E.T. Walnut Ringer Box
1 (6.3%)
Kidphone's Beige 236-G Pay Phone
0 (0%)
wds2185's Stromberg Carlson Stick/Subset
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Dennis Markham

Please add your nominations for Find of the Month for the month of October 2010 here.  Please include the link to the original post, if possible.

I will start the ball rolling with Kenny's Model 302 found on October 9th.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3550.0

Once all nominations are in I will prepare another post with a "Poll" so that members can vote for a winner.

Feel free to nominate more than one entry.

~Dennis

Doug Rose

Quote from: KeithB on October 28, 2010, 10:31:04 AM
Bushman's Ericsson "Eiffel Tower" or "skeletal" phone:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3555.0

WINNER!!!!! on to November. This is the Find of the Year, let alone the find of the month.  WOW!!!....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kidphone on October 28, 2010, 02:08:26 PM
WINNER!!!!! on to November. This is the Find of the Year, let alone the find of the month.  WOW!!!....Doug

Uhh, not quite so fast.....D/P's field trial 500 was from March of this year.......

Terry

bingster

Yep, that's gotta be the find of the year.  The skeletal phone is probably the find of the month, but I'll nominate Harry's Bell System van (if we can nominate things other than actual telephones).
= DARRIN =

ESalter

I like that idea, I vote for Harry's Corvair too.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

While I agree the prototype 500 is the find of the year this is for the find of the month. I have to vote for the Eiffel Tower phone, fantastic find and a fantastic deal!
Thanks for the nod on my truck guys! I finally finished with all the cleaning and today it will be on the lift in preparation for pulling the engine.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Don't everyone vote yet, we're just getting nominations.  I'll make the "Poll" for voting after a few days have elapsed and the nominations are in...........

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 29, 2010, 08:32:56 AM
While I agree the prototype 500 is the find of the year this is for the find of the month.

I agree Harry. My comment about D/P's 500 find was strictly to Doug's comment "This is the Find of the Year, let alone the find of the month".

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: ae_collector on October 29, 2010, 10:28:06 AM
Quote from: HarrySmith on October 29, 2010, 08:32:56 AM
While I agree the prototype 500 is the find of the year this is for the find of the month.

I agree Harry. My comment about D/P's 500 find was strictly to Doug's comment "This is the Find of the Year, let alone the find of the month".

Terry
Not to offend Dan or Harry, I still think Bushman's Ericcson "Eiffel Tower" or "skeletal" phone is the find of the year IMHO. Taking into consideration it was "payment" for work done and the really amazing condition, needing only the mouthpiece; this would definitely be my find of the year. This is just my opinion on what I collect and what I dream finding. This is not meant to demean anyone's great find, just my opinion and not intended to insult anyones great finds this year or in any year. Just one man's opinion....Doug
Kidphone

Dan

Doug--you are too opinionated ;) :D ;D. I know nothing about skeletal phones, but if they are as special as they seem to be, that is an amazing find.

I am watching my wife's friends'  two boys for 10! long days while she is on a honeymoon, and she said her hubby had a "special" phone he was giving me before he left. I had visions of oxford grey 500's, mushroom phones or even a candlestick and well ,,, well ,  it is a deco-tel personal rotary phone in a box. He handed it to me like it was a 1948 WE500 prototype. My wife , knowing a little about phones, said I should have won an oscar with my thrilled performance.... ::) :P
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HarrySmith

No offense or disagreement, it is a hell of a phone ;D
I also think finding a one of a kind phone that was previously not known to exist is hard to top ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

I see there is some strong competition for this month, but I would like to offer 3 more items that piqued my interest. Hopefully this will open the competition a bit.

Nice Flea Market Find a WE NET Walnut Ringer Box
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3493.0

New Flea Market Find WE 236G-60 Beige payphone
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3445.0

Yet Another Great Deal In the Seattle Area
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3600.0

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

LarryInMichigan

I am watching my wife's friends'  two boys for 10! long days while she is on a honeymoon, and she said her hubby had a "special" phone he was giving me before he left. I had visions of oxford grey 500's, mushroom phones or even a candlestick and well ,,, well ,  it is a deco-tel personal rotary phone in a box. He handed it to me like it was a 1948 WE500 prototype. My wife , knowing a little about phones, said I should have won an oscar with my thrilled performance.... Roll Eyes Tongue

I hope that he didn't buy it for you at an antiques shop for $300.