News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Collector's Dream!

Started by HarrySmith, April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

It finally happened, I got a call on my Google voice today which is in my Craigslist ad for old phones, buy, sell & repair. It was an older guy saying he had a bunch of phones to get rid of. I was expecting a few 500's in the closet or something. Boy was I shocked! He has a garage full of phones! Piled up to the ceiling in some places! I could see color 500's and 302's! Wood piled up in the back, phones and ringer boxes! He said he worked for the phone company and could not bear to toss them out after removing them so he just tossed them in the garage instead. He was intending to fix them up but never got around to it and now wants to put a hot rod in the garage so he needs them out fast!  I am still in shock! I told him I would I would rent a truck and come back this weekend. I asked him how much he wanted for them all, he said "Just give me $100.00 and get them out"!! I am so excited I probably won't sleep until the weekend is over! I also think this is a cure for Phonitis!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Sounds like a fun time, Harry!  Awesome!  Looking forward to seeing what you're going to find.

Gilas

Congrats on the dream come true.  Hope you find a case of blue 302's hidden away in there.  Please keep us updated!!!

WesternElectricBen

Awesome, what great luck, Harry!!

Please, please, take many photos in their natural habitat, and moved over to your house. I hope you can find some room, if not I might be interesting in some ones.

Also, keep us updated if you find some spectacular ones, though I'm sure you'll do that.

Ben

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

paul-f

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 08:29:17 PM

I am so excited I probably won't sleep until the weekend is over! I also think this is a cure for Phonitis!

Harry,

The fact that you are following up on this with enthusiasm is clear evidence that you have crossed over into an advanced state of Phonitis.  It is characterized by the delusion that one can not have too many phones -- the more the merrier!

As you have said many times, there is no cure.

You have come a long way in the last few years and are an inspiration to younger collectors.

Congratulations on taking the next step in your journey!   ;D
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE40FAN

Keep us posted Harry!  This is definitely a collectors dream for sure!!!

Mr. Bones

Great Fortune, Harry!

In your place, I might have had to take a nitro pill (I've no heart problems), or wish that I had at least donned a Depend before I went and talked to this gentleman. I am very happy for your find. We wants pictures, of course! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

G-Man

Harry-
It's nice to see someone such as yourself finally come across a trove of treasure. Lord only knows that you have hung-in there and should be amply rewarded for your perseverance. While most are content with searching eBay and relying on this forum to supply their collections (not that there is anything wrong with it) you have been proactive in your quest.
While the song in this video clip was used to commemorate another momentous event I am using it to recognize your achievement as well since in the world of telephone collecting it is very significant milestone in your endeavors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-23419931
Congratulations!

WEBellSystemChristian

What a dream, Harry! I might be interested in buying a few of your new phones from that stash! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

dsk

Congratulations!     ;D   and as you see, if you need some help we are there for "you"  8)

Such a dream should be taken care of, and thank you for sharing. 

As soon as you can, please post pictures.

dsk

Phonesrfun

Wow, Harry, congratulations!

-Bill G

HarrySmith

Ok guys. What was the date yesterday?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 02, 2014, 06:26:53 AM
Break our hearts, Harry! We were really happy for you (with perhaps a little jealousy!)!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

G-Man

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 02, 2014, 06:26:53 AM

My, my Harry!

We didn't realize just what a
little devil you really are!