News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sharing My son and I's Project- TimmyNet Telephone Company

Started by c64man, April 12, 2014, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

My son and I exhibited the prototype version of TimmyNet Telephone Company at the Mason MI show which consisted of a linux computer providing internet services to 2 computers.  Along with providing dialtone to a bunch of phones.     Well thanks to a lucky craigslist score,  we've spent the last 2 days redesigning and reconfiguring TimmyNet.     We have a very expandable Plexus PABX. Supports Rotary Dial and handles pulse to tone conversion.   Its very configurable.    We will have it set up for 4 Digit Dialing just like in the old days.   It has an IVR card so when you call in via C*NET you will be able to reach any phone in the house just by punching in the extension.   The awesome part is it can handle direct inbound dialing once i get the DID card,  so I can have my asterisk server call any phone in the house once I get that card.    We have extensions in almost every room of the house except the bathroom.    We also have a VOIP Landline tied into it as well.   So heres some pics of TimmyNet V.2 so far. 

TimmyNet Telephone Company Logo
timmynet by slandon110, on Flickr

The nerve center of TimmyNet-  We used terminal blocks so he could use the other buttset on the system :)
Untitled by slandon110, on Flickr

Timmy modularizing an old buttset thats missing wires. 

by slandon110, on Flickr

TimmyNet Northern Telecom Centurion PayPhone
Pay phone by slandon110, on Flickr

Mr. Bones

Very cool, Slandon! 8)

Looks like you and Timmy are going after it very actively. Keep us posted on the progress, as I find it quite interesting.

I would be remiss, if I failed to mention how very much I enjoyed the new TimmyNet Telephone Company logo, by the way!

Talk to you soon, and best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Matilo Telephones

Really great, Slandon.  Is it his ambition to provide subscriptions to the whole neighbourhood?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

WesternElectricBen

That is great, nice work.

Then your son can say, call "555-5555, ext. 5555," for his room.

Ben

c64man

Heres a pic of the finished project.  Just gotta configure the IVR and itll be done :).  We worked hard on it,  just gotta run a couple other extensions and its finished,  and mount the payphone.    Timmy has been working on restoring a turquoise WE 500 as well. 

Timmy net telco by slandon110, on Flickr

xhausted110

Nice, Steve! I see Paul Axman hooked you up with a centurion! have fun with your projects!
- Evan