News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pair-of-Vintage-Western-Electric-D1-202-Single-Button-Telephones-Intercom

Started by Doug Rose, January 22, 2021, 09:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was watching this on eBay and was undecided. I went back to auctions and it was ending in 2 minutes so I bid on them an won.

They came this morning and I opened them up. Packed tremendous.

They are in amazing condition, E1s have that new Bakelite sheen, I don't think they were ever used. One has a scratch that is almost gone with fine steel wool. Cloth covers are in wonderful condition.

The metal D1s have been professionally repainted and are perfect. A D1 and a D5

Set up as Intercoms and they appear to be unused.

I will try to bring them back to life as phones!....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Vintage-Western-Electric-D1-202-Single-Button-Telephones-Intercom-/254828487916
Kidphone

RB

Doug Rose

thanks Rod....I have one finished. The dial blanks with the button were plastic, not sure how the attached them, I had to break it with a pair of dykes and a large screwdriver. They soldered the connections instead of using the screws so it took a little extra time.

The orange bottom cover is growing on me! I was going to add a base plate with the traditional brown, but I kind of like this......Doug
Kidphone

RB

Oh, yeah, stick with the orange.
really makes it pop! ;)
funny how you look at something, expectin it to be a certain way, or at least hopin...
Then you open it, and find somebody used some other world tech to put it together.
Then yo get to break out your bag of "Special tools"! 8)
Good work!

oldguy

Gary

Doug Rose

Kidphone