News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The sound of collected coins

Started by dsk, December 07, 2013, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

This might be typical for the (North) American system. At least it has never been used here.
So when I now got the possibility, I have rerecorded the sound of the coins collected.

dsk

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Contempra

I've never heard this sort of sound on payphone here in Québec and God knows i used them.... often ;)

poplar1

Denis, these sounds are only on the pre-Centurion phones with 5c, 10c and 25c slots.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

dsk,

I took the liberty of cleaning up one of the recordings. The other one (4), could not be restored. What do you think?

dsk

:D  Thank you John
Sound cleaner in some way, but I guess it was not easy for the operator to get it in noisy surrounding.

And Haf, yes this one should really be familiar, it is indeed the phone you sent me.

Thank You!

:) :) :)

Contempra

Quote from: poplar1 on December 07, 2013, 01:49:00 PM
Denis, these sounds are only on the pre-Centurion phones with 5c, 10c and 25c slots.

probably i'm late David. however I'm 51 year old:D but anyway  I have to learn ;)

TelePlay

Quote from: dsk on December 07, 2013, 02:00:51 PM
:D  Thank you John
Sound cleaner in some way, but I guess it was not easy for the operator to get it in noisy surrounding.

Thanks. And, yes, I took out the background hiss and extended the final gong sound adding another second or two of sustain before fading it out. I've been doing sound effects for live theater for over 20 years. This was an easy fix, about a 95% restoration if you will.

All sounds I have ever recorded have had a background component to them, even those recorded in a sound studio. This one was just more noticeable that a sound studio recording.

poplar1

Typical upper housing of multi-slot phone. The large gong is for 5c (one ding) and 10c (two dings); the "cathedral gong" is for 25c.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.