"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The AE network, WA 1148 A

Started by MarkInAz, June 16, 2012, 07:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkInAz

Hello,
I'm looking over my LPB-89-55, particularly the network & it does not match up at all with any of the AE payphone schematics I've found here on the forum.  So I'm wondering if this network in my phone is original.  What I would like to know though is what terminals of this AE network match that of say a WE 425 network.

Thanks
Mark
It's always something...

G-Man

QuoteHello,
I'm looking over my LPB-98-55, particularly the network & it does not match up at all with any of the AE payphone schematics I've found here on the forum.  So I'm wondering if this network in my phone is original.  What I would like to know though is what terminals of this AE network match that of say a WE 425 network.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark-

Please verify the model number of your paystation. Is it LPB-89-55 instead?

Thanks!

[/quote]

MarkInAz

It's always something...

DavePEI

Quote from: MarkInAz on June 17, 2012, 03:00:08 AM
Oops, my bad. LPB-89-55

Normally the LPB-89-55 used an older induction coil and a capacitor instead the more modern one that is in it. Yours has been through a refurb station at some point.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

MarkInAz

Thanks Dave, That got me thinking about the newer AE payphones and I think I found my diagram in the AE repository. 
Man you guys have great  resources here.  Gotta love it!

Thanks,
Mark
It's always something...

DavePEI

Quote from: MarkInAz on June 17, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
Thanks Dave, That got me thinking about the newer AE payphones and I think I found my diagram in the AE repository.  
Man you guys have great  resources here.  Gotta love it!

Thanks,
Mark

Yes, I think they used the same network as in the later Lpc8255 T  rather than putting back in the induction coil/capacitor combination during the upgrade. As Terry mentioned, you would also need to to reinstall the coin relay/vane if you wanted to return it to operation with a controller, but it should work just fine as a telephone as is.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

An old thread, but I have got the diagram just now:

dsk

G-Man

Quote from: dsk on November 27, 2013, 09:13:07 AM
An old thread, but I have got the diagram just now:

dsk

The diagrams for the different A.E. networks have resided in the TCI Library for several years so if anyone needs to look one up a quick search should do the trick.

Did yours also come from the Library or another source?

dsk

I got it from a payphone circuit in the library, I did not find the specific network circuit alone.

A circuit analysis of the network shows it to be slightly different from a WE 425 network.
The splitted primary are moved down and you have got the terminals 11 and 21 probably suitable for collecting the sounds from coin collecting., but not necessary for solving that need.

dsk

G-Man

This network was developed for use with standard telephone sets and not coin telephones.

The LPB-series of payphones were still being produced but It wouldn't not be until several years later that the LPC-series of coin sets with this network installed would be introduced.