News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Helllllllllooooo !

Started by Contempra, June 05, 2016, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

Hello to all..Ça a long time I have not posted anything on the forum..Having a computer running under Windows XP, and also no camera, so I can not do pictures. But ... recently I bought 6 different phones Contempra two with pushbutton and another with rotary dial ... Also a reproduction of a French-style rotary dial phone with model Coquette I do not know the year manufacturing ..Have a great day or night ...depending on whether you are standing or lying down or by time of your country

Fabius

Bonjour

Windows XP was a great program but you really should upgrade if you can. XP is no longer supported. You'll have problems with more and more web sites as XP becomes not able to work with the latest JAVA and other programs. A big concern is there are no security updates for XP.

I run Windows 7 and really like it. I run Windows 10 on another computer and it's okay but 10 doesn't have the media center and some peripherals don't have a driver for 10. 
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Contempra

Quote from: Fabius on June 06, 2016, 10:34:56 AM
Bonjour

Windows XP was a great program but you really should upgrade if you can. XP is no longer supported. You'll have problems with more and more web sites as XP becomes not able to work with the latest JAVA and other programs. A big concern is there are no security updates for XP.

I run Windows 7 and really like it. I run Windows 10 on another computer and it's okay but 10 doesn't have the media center and some peripherals don't have a driver for 10. 

Salutation....Absolutely not... i run xp since 4 months because my other computer is kaput and it had win 10 ...I have no money for buying an other puter... so i use an old puter found at a flee market, triftstore , don't know where since the time  lol but after a good cleanup and , yes i have the original XP  and i installed it...yes Java cannot be updated due to XP but i'm satisfied ... for the moment  I also have Win 7 original....For the rest , I have no problems and no viruses. Sure, I don't go everywhere..just where i know that it is safe. sorry i have a bad english . sometimes i use a translator and sometimes, not at all ;).

Fabius

Quote from: Contempra on June 06, 2016, 03:16:20 PM

sorry i have a bad english . sometimes i use a translator and sometimes, not at all ;).

C'est bon. J'étudié le français à l'école pendant quatre ans et mon français est très mauvais.

( "Its good. I studied French in school for four years and my French is very poor ." )
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Contempra

Quote from: Fabius on June 06, 2016, 06:28:34 PM
C'est bon. J'étudié le français à l'école pendant quatre ans et mon français est très mauvais.

Et pourtant , tu n'as qu'une seule faute dans ta phrase ( j'étudié = j'ai étudié ) J'apprends l'anglais depuis quelques années mais à mon rhythme .Bonne soirée Fabius.

( "And yet , you have only one mistake in your sentence ( I studied = I studied ) I learn English for a few years but my rhythm. Good evening, Fabius." )