News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Burled Walnut Northern Electric #2 Uni Phone

Started by Doug Rose, August 11, 2012, 10:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was fortunate to find a phone I had been searching for quite some time. NE #2 Burled walnut in amazing condition. It has the ultra rare BNF handset with the two piece receiver cap. I added the nickel open face finger wheel, common on an AE ,,,very tough find on a WE/NE type dial. Bakelite just shines, this is a beauty....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

few more pics
Kidphone

paul-f

Great find, Doug!  Congratulations.

Which receiver element is in the handset?  It would be interesting to see the spring configuration in the receiver end of the handset, as there seem to be at least two variations out there.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

I had no idea that anyone other than AE made a cut away FW! I can cross the "Learn something new every day" off my list for today. Thanks for the great pictures. I have a Burled Walnut NE #2 but I removed paint with easy off and it easy offed most of the shine as well. Another retirement project.,....

Terry

Jester

Quote from: paul-f on August 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
Great find, Doug!  Congratulations.

Which receiver element is in the handset?  It would be interesting to see the spring configuration in the receiver end of the handset, as there seem to be at least two variations out there.

paul-f,

This may not show enough to answer all your questions, but here's an unassembled view of Doug's handset....
Stephen

paul-f

Thanks Stephen.

It looks familiar:
  http://www.paul-f.com/neUNI.html#Handsets

Those handsets don't show up in the US very often!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_collector on August 11, 2012, 11:04:54 PM
I had no idea that anyone other than AE made a cut away FW! I can cross the "Learn something new every day" off my list for today. Thanks for the great pictures. I have a Burled Walnut NE #2 but I removed paint with easy off and it easy offed most of the shine as well. Another retirement project.,....

Terry
Terry ...I have come across a few of these cutaway nickle finger wheels recently.

Everyone is not in agreement here, but I have found Avon Skin so Soft can help restore the luster and shine to bakelite

Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Beautiful phone, Doug!  Congratulations on your find.  That's one I've been watching for as well.

Gilas

Wow that is a beautiful phone Doug.  Congrats!!

dutchjim

Beautiful phone. I'm amazed at the condition and the coloring.
Jim

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I was going through alot of junk cleaning my work bench area and I came up with an amazing discovery. I had a gold sani dial finger wheel. Not the nickel, but a gold one. Matches a brass retainer ring perfectly. I am installing it on my #2....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

WOW :o
That will look excellent!
Now get the 2 screws in brass to finish it up!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HowardPgh

I find it interesting that the numbers are printed(stamped?) on the fingerwheel.
Howard
Howard