News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New phone on ebay

Started by JorgeAmely, June 11, 2009, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

My dream of a small cottage in the Cotwolds with a Spitfire near a canal will have to wait.
-Matt

Phonesrfun

You know......

For $10 Million, one could buy a rather large telephone museum with lots of goodies; even with a central office built in. 

Doesn't e-bay charge a listing fee as a percentage of the opening bid price?  If so, this guy already has money to burn.  Maybe e-bay had a free listing special going on.  In any event, only the Gub'ment buys $10 Million boat anchors.

-Bill
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on June 13, 2009, 04:13:11 PM
Good point, plenty of folks would think collecting old rotary phones is weird.  But then I went to a car show last night and it was the usual mix of old cars, muscle, stock, PUs, etc, and I'm sure plenty of folks think that is weird too, so to each their own.

But I'm willing to bet D/P that you don't think that something sitting around your house is worth 10 million.   :)

McHeath;
My Family and my dog. :o ;)
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

True eh.  But I meant a thingie sitting around that was made in a factory or by hand or such. 

gpo706

Wow thats a steal!

Which one of you folks got it?

Superb restoration job too, and a great description "errr like a bunch of junk I found in Grandads shed..."

WAIT! is that JFK's fingerprint on the top left of the case?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on June 11, 2009, 09:42:17 PM
OH Mi Gawd!!!  I've GOT to have it!!!!

Think he will take monopoly money? :D
McHeath;
You are too late, someone already beat you to it. The auction has ended.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson