"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Daniel's telephone collection

Started by Daniel B., February 03, 2018, 03:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payphone installer

AE_Collector

Our shops at BC Tel painted a few AE 40's and 50's copper and/or gold. That looks like a copper one on your shelf. Of course maybe other companies painted some of them as well but I never knew them to come from AE in that colour. Is there any indications on the phone that it came from British Columbia? Many had "Canadian (BC) Telephones & Supplies Ltd" stickers on the bases, our repair shops.

This is a 1950 AE 50 wall Phone tgat went through the repair/rehab shops again on December 1 1959.

Terry

stub

Daniel ,
            Great looking collection !!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the CRPF  !!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Daniel B.

I have a similar stickers on my AE 47 multi line and maybe on other AE telephone if I remember...

Thanks for info
Daniel

AE_Collector

I've got a few just like it! Googled the phone number since it was obviously a large customer with 4 digit PBX extensions but it just comes up as a private residence now. In tgat area of Vancouver it would have been one of the hospitals or city hall maybe. I worked on Many of those pbx's In the 70's and 80's.

If you have a moment open it up. They have a round grey component in them that always has the Month-Year stamped in them. Unusual to find dates in AE phones of this era.

Terry

Daniel B.

The fabrication date of my AE47 is June 1957. I can see on the gray component.

Thanks for info
Daniel

oldguy

That's a very nice lifetime collection, for 3 years it amazing. And welcome to the forum.
Gary

rdelius

That grey part is a veristor  It prevents popping in the receiver when switching lines

AE_Collector

Quote from: Daniel B. on February 04, 2018, 01:04:52 AM
The fabrication date of my AE47 is June 1957. I can see on the gray component.

Thanks for info
Daniel

Everything points at the AE 47 being shipped in 1958...the mid 1957 click suppressor, the AB code on the drawing and the OA code on the base. Everything except that gray .4 mf condensor with HJ on it. But...H is 1965 so that fits with the 1966 refurb date on the CT&S tag on the base. It likely had a frequency Ringer initially looking st the A1 part of the code so it was switched to a regular SL Ringer necessitating the condensor replacement in 1966.

Terry

Pourme

~

You should update your collection photos, David. :)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

MMikeJBenN27

JorgeAmely

The two tone WE500 in black and moss green looks awesome. Congrats!
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on December 01, 2021, 08:42:40 PM
The two tone WE500 in black and moss green looks awesome. Congrats!
Jorge....Daniel shines them up the way you do. He has the same patience....Doug
Kidphone

Daniel B.

I'm agree with you, After 3 years, it's time to update my photos. I still have some stuff to do to display all my phones like I want but I can't wait to show you my new phones. You should see   some change in my museum since my last post. I hope you will like.

Enjoy your visit
Daniel B.

Daniel B.

More photos of my museum

Daniel B.