News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Rescue! its a W.E. 465!

Started by Babybearjs, February 29, 2016, 05:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Well, I found the listing on ebay.... noted the $80.00 starting bid.... threw in my bid for $85, and won another 400 series phone. this time, its a 465. (yet to be added to my collection) so.... here we go again..... wonder what this ones hiding????
John

podor

Very nice! Man, that line chord is gnarly looking.

Ktownphoneco

John  ...   Gnarly or not, hang onto the line cord.       Original cloth covered multi conductor cords are hard to find, and there's still a fair amount of it that's salvageable.

Jeff   

Babybearjs

Absolutely! I always hang on to the original cords.... the phone originally was connected to 3 #44A blocks, which I have plenty of...  But, I'll install 3 RJ45 cords on it to make it connectable to my current system.
John

Babybearjs

well.....I got the phone today. was packed very well and must have been a unit that was barely used. the cord conductors were covered in masking tape and it looked like the unit was taken out of service within a year of the phone being new, because it still has its original sheen. even the handset is shiny! Enclosed are some pictures of the phone and the cord.... BTW, the cord is for sale.... if anyone wants it...   there are cut conductors though.... as stated in the BSP for these phones...502-435-400  Page 12. (see foot notes.) the model number is a 465GC wired for a 1A system ONLY! (made me mad... I can only use this as a single line phone unless I make some modifications. The phone was super clean when I got it, but the line cord was greasy (wires). does anyone know which model was wired for 1A1 with the exclusion feature? H, J, K, L, M, or N?? (i.e. 465-GC, 465HC, Etc.)
John

Babybearjs

here are the rest of the photos
John