News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

See through 302 imitation

Started by HarrySmith, February 13, 2015, 02:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I spotted this see through Blue phone on eBay. Obviously new junk. It appears to be about the same size as a 302. My question is do you think it would fit a 302 base & guts? I have a transparent 2500 that was cheap copy and put all WE parts on it. Everything fit fine. Not original but looks cool. I think a transparent Blue 302 would look cool also!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Well, it's certainly see-through, I can't see it... ;D

Phonesrfun

Sounds like something I do regularly, for instance How many emails have I forgotten to attach something and noted in the body "see attached".

-Bill G

WEBellSystemChristian

When I saw one of those, it looks like it might fit on a 302 base, but the corners looked too rounded. A dial would probably not fit, since the dial shroud is almost certainly not the same demensions as a small-diameter WE dial.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Sorry. Could not snag a picture on my tablet and forgot add the eBay link.http

www.ebay.com/itm/301528250704

Picture added for posterity.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Low-ball 'em with something like $5, you don't want to spend too much on something like that... ;D

Doug Rose

I have one...it doesn't fit...nothng does.....I tried.....trust me..Save your money....Doug
Kidphone

andre_janew

Is it just me or does that phone look like some sort of toy?  (I know it isn't really a toy!)

HarrySmith

Thanks Doug! I msfe an offer of $10.00, declined. Tried $15.00, counteroffer of $25.00!! WOW, $4.99 off. I was going to decline with some smart comment but now I guess I will just forget it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

can't anyone ever make a real copy? there are plenty of 302's out there to use as models.... if they want to reproduce a classic, they could at least use an original to start with! After all.... the thing is no longer copy righted.... and the patent has expired!  talk about being an "Imitation" doesn't even look like a 302....
John

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Babybearjs on February 14, 2015, 10:32:26 PM
can't anyone ever make a real copy?

Sure!

Ray Kotke has made a clear copy of the 302 and many other very nice phone bodies.  He also is the one that makes the covers for the 302 subset conversions.  He does great work.

Check it out:

http://www.telephonecreations.com/prod02.htm

He is also known as kleenax on this forum and on ebay.

-Bill G

Babybearjs

Yeh for Ray! now, how many can he make in a week?
John