News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted (found): Pink rotary

Started by AL_as_needed, October 16, 2016, 09:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL_as_needed

Been working to fulfill a request for pink rotary desk set as a x-mas gift for some time. Thought I had one but upon getting it, turns out to be "rose beige", looks pink in certain light. Anyhow...any  good leads or offers would be great. Any 500 style rotary desk set would be ideal, but can make due with other options.

Thanks!
TWinbrook7

Gary Millam

I have a Pink WE 500 Housing, dial plate and handset dated 1959 if you are interested. It is somewhat faded from the sun, but it could be bleached. I have a pink coiled handset cord also but it has a small rip in the outer cover. You can have it all for the cost of shipping if you want it. I can put it on a WE 500 base but the dates on the base are not 1959. I can send pics if you are interested.

Gary

WEBellSystemChristian

You said you have a Rose Beige (-55)? Are you sure that it isn't Light Beige (-60)?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AL_as_needed

Gary M:
yes I would appreciate pictures, specific dates/years are not an issue on this one as the recipient is more after the look and function than other specifics. Thanks!

WEBellSystemChristian:
Im honestly not too sure, got it at auction online and there was not much info given. However despite looking pink (at least to my eyes) on my screen, in person it looks beige in natural light. Its also a bit of a basket case in terms of parts, early 50s base, ringer, and network with newer (70s) dial etc. The body and handset (AT&T) were re-painted (the same color) at some point, the dial however was original and faded quite bad. Can attach a pic if interested
TWinbrook7