News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

425b network Wanted for my payphone

Started by SteveK, January 13, 2017, 07:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveK

i am looking to buyr a small circuit board....a 425 network for my 233h payphone. Hopefully someone has one of the small boards. I am looking at getting my first payphone up and running. If succesfull i will then get a couple more. thanks,

steve

RotarDad

Steve - Welcome to the forum!  In reading your posts, I see you are looking for a network for your 233H.  The 685A is the correct subset, which contains a 425B network, a C4A ringer and a junction board with terminals, on a metal base, with a Tenite (older) or ABS (newer) cover.  On EBay, careful shopping will probably yield one for $35 or so.  To hide a network in your vault, you could use just the 425B net by itself - I think it will fit, but I'm not certain.   They were used in the 500 model phone, so a junker should be easy to come by.  Also, there are plenty of threads here in the payphone area of the forum with wiring diagrams and pointers, if you need them.  Try searching for 233G, since most are for US coins, but the wiring is the same.
Paul

SteveK

Thanks Paul for the reply and the info. I guess then what I am really looking for is the 425b. From what I have read to get the ringer working will be a little more complicated. And I am a little bit simple. :D...also I will take your advice on looking for the 233g and looking for wiring schematic.

RotarDad

You're welcome Steve.  Read up and feel free to post questions - lots old great help here on the forum!  If you want the phone to ring authentically, you need the 685A, which includes the net and ringer, and was designed to be installed with your phone.  Most payphones did not have internal ringers, including your 233H.
Paul