My own faux-8782 Direct Line phone...

Started by twocvbloke, September 25, 2012, 08:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I blame Owain for this one... :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221126379342
( dead link 01-12-22 )

With 7 bids, they seem to be popular, but still, top bidder always wins... ;D

Anyway, after seeing Owain's Direct line phone and it's innards, I decided that it has a real-enough bell ringer to make it somewhat worthwhile to acquire, that and it's one of them things that sticks in the mind from growing up with the thing tootling away on the TV (that is until they replaced it with the current noise which makes no sense), so had to have one myself... :D

Not much in the way of pictures, just the one, so, have to wait for it to arrive... :)

twocvbloke

Still waiting for it, and I have sent the seller a message asking where it is.... ::)

If I was in the US, I'd expect it to take over a week, but not here assuming they posted the same day... ???

AE_Collector

They didn't post it. They wound up the rubber band, pointed it towards you, set it down on the road and waved goodbye. Actual mileage will vary.....

Terry

twocvbloke

Quote from: AE_collector on October 03, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
They didn't post it. They wound up the rubber band, pointed it towards you, set it down on the road and waved goodbye. Actual mileage will vary.....

Terry

I guess I'll just have to listen out for it... :D

http://tinyurl.com/9ozcdk5

twocvbloke

Well, scratch that, no comms from the seller, opened a case with ebay & waited a week, still no comms from the seller, so ebay has refunded me, so, no Direct Line phone for me, yet... :(

gpo706

Funny them Direct Line phones seem to evaporate after the initial contact, I had a bullshitter at work tell me had one and I was going to buy it and 2 weeks later he had mysteriously lost it in his bin.

Another bloke said he had a "Tardis" phone, like the big foot high Tardis model with a crappy BT Trimline type handset inside it, I asked him the next time he did a shift with me and denied even telling me about such a thing.

Or maybe I dreamt it all?

Or more plausible when I told them what I would pay they went straight onto Ebay, and probably got more than I offered.

More fool me for advising them of the value.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Quote from: gpo706 on October 19, 2012, 08:02:29 PM
More fool me for advising them of the value.

Unfortunately, when attempting to acquire things, honesty isn't always the best policy... :D

That said, if you don't actually tell them any value, then, they're not going to know, omitting info can often be handy... :D