"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE34 project

Started by finlover, March 28, 2010, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntophones

Hey, Finlover,
What type of  brass polish did you use? One for instruments, also? Mine just never got that shiny.
My phone, I think was a Navy phone, so it was brass, but, it never gleamed like yours, even after a polish.
-nto
--nto

finlover

Quote from: ntophones on April 03, 2010, 10:27:07 AM
Hey, Finlover,
What type of  brass polish did you use? One for instruments, also? Mine just never got that shiny.
My phone, I think was a Navy phone, so it was brass, but, it never gleamed like yours, even after a polish.
-nto
I cheated a little and used a buffing machine and three different polishing compounds.  If you still have your Navy phone, send me the brass parts and I'll polish and clear coat them for you.  It takes about 10 minutes!

Greg Scarborough
2428 W. Ben White Blvd.
Austin, TX 78704

AET

I tell my friends I want an all one-color T/A, with one quarter panel a different color, a van with flames and a mural,and to move to a trailer park.
- Tom

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 03, 2010, 02:59:07 PM
I tell my friends I want an all one-color T/A, with one quarter panel a different color, a van with flames and a mural,and to move to a trailer park.

No bubble windows?
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

ntophones

Hey there--
I'm going on vacation this weekend. It will be a couple of weeks, and I'll get them to you!!!!Thanks--
That's really going to sparkle up my Navy Phone!!!!
I really appreciate it--
-ntophones
P.S.--I live in TX, too--I didn't know there were any "Southern" collectors!!!!  :)
--nto

AET

Oh gosh, that reminds me, we used to have a neighbor we called "Creepy Van Guy" he had a big old van with a bubble window, then got a newer, smaller, modern van, and put the bubble window on it, and one time we were talking to him, and I noticed he had a bed and mirror on the ceiling in back, even creepier.  Turned out to be after teenage girls.  A real dandy.  Never talked to him again, except the time my dad threatened to beat him up for letting his dog releive himself on our lawn.

Quote from: Jim S. on April 03, 2010, 03:00:31 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 03, 2010, 02:59:07 PM

No bubble windows?
Jim
- Tom

foots

That is creepy Tom. If you do get a van, don't forget the side pipes and a set of wide Ansen Sprint mags. Oh, forget the fishbowl windows, you should get the faceted diamond shaped windows instead.

If I'm not being too nosy, what are you doing up this early in the morining?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

I would NEVER get a van, a truck maybe, but I'm more of a wagon guy.  I like to joke about my white trashy van to go with my T/A, both with a hood-bird, and Cragar SS rims haha. 

And I'm not up this early, I'm still up. I work 2nd shift.
- Tom

foots

I work 2nd shift too, I get off of work at 2 am and don't go to bed 'till 4 or so.

Call me trashy but I've always wanted a van - no murals though.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

I'm a 3-11 guy.  I'm not saying all vans are trashy, just the trailer-park type vans.
- Tom