News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This phone has a serious case of identity crisis...

Started by twocvbloke, March 23, 2012, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

The Steepletone looked okay, the ProtelX was confused, but this, I'm not sure what to say about this one... :o

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170804448192

TelePlay

That's a sharp looking phone. Beyond that, I don't know what to say . . .

twocvbloke

It's the Union flag on an american design phone (at least, in shape) that is getting to me, it's like taking spaghetti and calling it japanese cuisine, or Rover being a leading american car brand, it's just not right... :o

Especially when the seller claims "NOT CHEAPLY MANUFACTURED RUBBISH" when it's all made over in the PRC, and probably in the same factory.... :D

TelePlay

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 24, 2012, 01:46:34 AM
It's the Union flag on an american design phone (at least, in shape) that is getting to me, it's like taking spaghetti and calling it japanese cuisine, or Rover being a leading american car brand, it's just not right...

Didn't think of it that way. You're right and I understand.

I've always liked the Union Jack going back to first seeing it in elementry school. It fits well on that 500 style phone. Few other flags could pull that off. My thoughts were how much better it would look if the phone, a 300 or 700 GPO phone if you like, had a rotary dial with a clear plastic finger wheel, and classic internal components, of course.