News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue 302 - Now you see it, now you don't

Started by easytiger, October 28, 2010, 09:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger

Did anyone else see this short auction on the bay?  Or even better, lucky and well-funded enough to snag this Blue 302?  Looks nice, and came and went pretty fast...

http://tinyurl.com/2byepwg

Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"

AE_Collector

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

JorgeAmely

Terry:

You snooze, you lose. One of a kind and probably worth the money. The curly cloth cord is worth a big chunk of money.
Jorge

JorgeAmely

Jorge

AE_Collector

So what do I have to do, dig out the ebaY handles list to see who won this???

Oh, yes it does look as though Doug has a new phone...nice going!

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on October 29, 2010, 12:36:31 AM
Congratulations Doug!
okay...cats out of the bag, it was me. Here is how it happened. If anyone has noticed, my Victrola is no longer on eBay. I went against everyone's advice and took the sure thing. I 'begged" in that string that I would trade the Victrola for a good condition Blue 302. I never thought I'd get a mint Blue 302. I basically traded the Victrola for the Blue 302. Right place right time. I never would have been able to afford this beauty otherwise. Janet is actually very cool about me spending her Xmas money on me. "You talk about a blue 302 all the time!" Every time will we pull up to a yard sale, I say I can smell a blue 302. Seller was really cool with my rant on how to pack it. It was sent out  double boxed and separated with plenty of bubble yesterday, I am hoping to see it tomorrow, Monday at the latest. This is a true dream come true  finish of my color 302s. I have a beautiful painted specimen (that you will see on eBay soon), that I thought was it. I am sky high on this lucky, lucky chain of events. Sometime you bite the bear!!.....Doug
Kidphone

ESalter

That thing is beautiful!  Good job Doug, you're a lucky man!

Doug Rose

Quote from: ESalter on October 29, 2010, 11:03:18 AM
That thing is beautiful!  Good job Doug, you're a lucky man!
Eric....I was extremely fortunate in two instances. Finding the Victrola at a yard sale and finding the Blue 302 Auction before someone else got it. I've been looking for one for 30 years. Never say never....Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Please post photos when it arrives.

I have been very reluctant in spending large amounts on eBay phones. I am worried about getting ripped off and my experience wioth phones in the $100-200 range have been hit and miss.   To put it simply,  why were you not concerned about dropping a grand on an unknown without looking at it in person?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Quote from: Russkirk on October 29, 2010, 11:36:52 AM
Please post photos when it arrives.

I have been very reluctant in spending large amounts on eBay phones. I am worried about getting ripped off and my experience wioth phones in the $100-200 range have been hit and miss.   To put it simply,  why were you not concerned about dropping a grand on an unknown without looking at it in person?
Russ...I am extremly concerned! No doubt. Pictures looked like the real deal. Pictures were good close ups and seller was great about packing it the way I wanted it packed.  It was a BIN on eBay so I had zero chance of having it in my hand. There was the added incententive that even though I paid $1000 for it, I really didn't pay a grand for it,  I traded a Yard sale find Victrola for it. I have never spent anywhere close to this on a telephone and never will. It was a once in a lifetime oppotunity that worked out great for me. Simply put, sure I'm concerned! Who wouldn't be? What in the pictures concerns you? I think anyone who buys on eBay has at one time or another, not got what he/she had thought they were getting. Hidden cracks or stategic photos that hide the worst and bring out the best. Life is full of chances and yes, I took one.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

And you have PayPal to back you up if things go sour....maybe.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 29, 2010, 11:56:46 AM
And you have PayPal to back you up if things go sour....maybe.
Being a seller on eBay I can tell you with supreme confidence, Papal ALWAYS sides with the buyer 100% of the time. Even in the most ridiculous of situations. So rest assured, this would be the time they break there "onesidedness."  Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I can agree. I sell on eBay also and the one time we had a ridiculous buyer we still lost the case to both eBay and PayPal. About 6 months later we received an email from another seller who had the same experience with the same buyer. Together we dug up a few more instances of the girl doing the same thing in different auctions and under different names. She was banned from eBay and all her negative feedback was removed from the buyers she swindled. We never got our money back from her but we did maintain our 100% positive feedback. We did have USPS insurance and filed a claim that did eventually get paid.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

easytiger

I saw that listing literally seconds after it was posted, and was infinitely curious how long it would last.  Congratulations, Doug!  It looks great, and I'm sure it will be...by all accounts, it appears that it was absolutely meant to be.
Easy, Tiger..."it's life...you don't figure it out.  You just climb up on the beast and RIDE."  --Vivi, "Divine Secrets"