News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric KS-19340 Booth

Started by the phone house, December 08, 2012, 11:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phone house

Just purchased this Booth, anybody have a lead on a Light/Fan combo?
Steve @ The Phone House

ESalter

I remember seeing a complete one on Ebay maybe a year or so ago???  I remember it didn't well for too awful much money.  Both of our booths have the same type of light/blower unit, I just spent several months trying to locate a new light ballast for one of them, who would have thought one of those would be so difficult to find!? 

I may have an extra light/fan cover so it'd look nice until you locate the actual light/blower unit.  I'll take a look and let you know.

---Eric

poplar1

There's a picture of the booth here showing  "KS-19207, List 1 light and blower unit."

http://thephonebooth.com/library/psem/508-201-100.pdf
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

the phone house

Thanks for the reply Eric, I should have mentioned, I have the inside part, so the booth looks complete from inside, just nothing above.
Steve @ The Phone House

Argee

That's the model booth I have.  I snagged the light cover that was up for auction at the same time as the light and fan.  My light works, just had the replace the bulb, ballast is fine.   My problem is the Fan motor doesn't work.  I had it checked out and it looks like there is a break somewhere in the copper windings, so the whole thing has to be re-wound to fix it.  haven't found a good substitute yet.

ESalter

I'm glad to hear you have the cover as I went looking for our extra one and wasn't able to locate it!

Argee, was it you that asked me several months ago to take a look at my booth to see if I could find any markings on the blower motor?

---Eric