"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Member from Washington State

Started by SUnset2, February 15, 2016, 01:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUnset2

Hi,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, and it's time I introduce myself before I start posting otherwise.

My real name is Paul, my handle is the first 3 digits of my childhood telephone number, which I am still able to use thanks to local number portation.

I have been collecting phones since I was a kid, mostly getting what I find bargains on.  Most of my phones are Western Electric, but I have an assortment of phones from other manufacturers.  My collection is pretty small compared with most of the people on this forum.  Many of my vintage phones are in use in various rooms of the house.   

I have a few other collections cluttering up the house, mostly vintage electronics, but my main vice is 16mm films.  And I have several Bell System films among them.

- Paul

TelePlay

Paul,

Welcome to the forum and we sure would like to see you phones. You can even start your own collection topic in this board

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=68.0

dsk

Doug Rose

Paul....welcome to the Forum. It is the place to be for phone collectors....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Hi Paul! Welcome. This is the best forum on the net, so many knowledgeable, helpful people here it is amazing! I usually warn new members about "Phoneitis" but I think you are already hooked. We love pictures, lots & lots of pictures!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Mr. Bones

Welcome Paul!

You have found a very good place, here on the web. 8)

I'm glad to have you here with us, and look forward to seeing your phones, etc. (There's even an off-topic board for cameras, etc., so feel free to show off some of your 16 mm toys...) I think all here will enjoy!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

Welcome from another Washingtonian!  I have a phone that came with your exchange on it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

oldguy

Welcome Paul, I'm another west coaster from Northern California. You will find some very knowledgeable people here. I have mostly phone I have gotten cheap at thrift stores & yard sales late 90s & early 2000s. I hope to see pictures soon.
Gary

Phonesrfun

Welcome Paul from another Washingtonian.  I am in Eastern WA.
-Bill G

SUnset2

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I may have seen some of you at the Phone show in Seattle last May.  I don't have a nice display of phones like many of you do, my phones are spread around the house, or sitting in boxes until I come up with a better display.

Greg G.

Quote from: SUnset2 on February 16, 2016, 01:06:26 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I may have seen some of you at the Phone show in Seattle last May.  I don't have a nice display of phones like many of you do, my phones are spread around the house, or sitting in boxes until I come up with a better display.

I'm in the same boat, most of mine are boxed up with a few in use.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Jim Stettler

Quote from: SUnset2 on February 16, 2016, 01:06:26 AM

I store my collection in boxes, and just rotate a display. After having a phone displayed for 6 months to a year. I usually don't have a problem with getting rid of it. The problem is that I am typically to lazy to try to sell phones ecept at phone shows. So they usually get packed again.  When I return from a show with new acqusitions, I usually leave them packed up for  months, Once I unpack them for display I am amazed at the phones that I find.

Jim S.
Collecting Telephone CRAP (Communication Related Apparatus and Parts) since the Summer of '69.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.