News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Problems with PMs?

Started by DavePEI, February 20, 2015, 07:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Has anyone else had problems with PMs reaching their intended recipient? I sent Brinybay a PM Feb 19 at 6:05 PM and it was never received. I have a copy of it in my sent folder as I have it set to save outgoing messages... Alas, it was a time sensitive message, and alas, it resulted in my not being able to contact him in time.

I PMed him today, and he told me he had never received the original message....

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Dave,

I do a lot of stuff by way of PMs, both send and receive, and have never experienced that problem, to date, knock on wood.

DavePEI

Quote from: TelePlay on February 20, 2015, 08:40:04 PM
Dave,

I do a lot of stuff by way of PMs, both send and receive, and have never experienced that problem, to date, knock on wood.

I wouldn't have been to worried about it, but it caused me to miss out on an item I wanted very badly. By the next morning, when I inquired again, someone else had spoken up for the item. Had the first PM gone through correctly, I would have been 12 hours ahead of the other person who ended up getting it.

Frustrating!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Here is a screen shot of the saved copy from my sent messages folder. Details have been blacked out. But  it shows that, and when it was sent....

For some reason, Briny never got his copy! If it happened to me, it must be happening to others occasionally?

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Greg G.

Quote from: DavePEI on February 20, 2015, 07:12:30 PM
Has anyone else had problems with PMs reaching their intended recipient? I sent Brinybay a PM Feb 19 at 6:05 PM and it was never received. I have a copy of it in my sent folder as I have it set to save outgoing messages... Alas, it was a time sensitive message, and alas, it resulted in my not being able to contact him in time.

I PMed him today, and he told me he had never received the original message....

Dave

Dave, I just checked from my home computer, your original PM is there.  So are notifications of PMs and 45 other emails that piled up in the last few days.  I don't know why I didn't see it, I can only surmise that I may have logged on to the site using my "smart" phone which then popped up the PM notification which comes up in a different window then I hit the "smart" phone screen in the wrong spot with my fat finger and it resulted in it being marked as "read" and by the time I figured out what was going on I had to get back to work.  Later on I probably just too tired after work (which has been the case this entire week) to look at any emails.

In any event, my apologies. 

Other quirky stuff I've been noticing is when I try to edit a post, a (font=78%) html code keeps trying to sneak in.  I can't get rid of it unless I post with the 78% font, then go back and edit it again to get rid of the 78% font.

Greg
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Hi Greg:

You don't owe me any apologies - I was most concerned that we might have a problem with PMs! I am relieved that you got it

Those things happen!  :)

Has anyone had a similar problem with the fonts that Briny had had?

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Russ Kirk

Just like Greg stated, I too have had some quirkiness happen. I noticed it happens on my iPad and Android smart phone. Not on my windows PC or iMac. So if i see something is awry I double check it on another computer.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

The 78% font thing I see on my home PC.  I don't very often post from my "smart" phone, too hard to type and edit.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

Guess our "smart"  phones are not as smart as they think they are!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"