News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Visit From Jorge

Started by Dennis Markham, April 12, 2010, 09:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Terry, Jorge had that dial apart, cleaned and reassembled in an hour or so.  It is a Turquoise phone and not FMN Blue.  If you think you might have a turquoise mounting cord that would be great.  The one on the phone has the AE label on it but the color is probably not Turquoise.

We did have a problem with the phone and still have a problem.  We concluded that the network may be bad.  It does  not get a dial tone but does ring when connected to the line.  The handset and dial have been isolated, in fact connected to another AE phone and they both work fine.  The wiring was checked, re-checked, and re-checked again and still cannot get dial tone through the receiver.

So the hour dial repair turned into about a 2-3 hour trouble shooting exercise in trying to get the phone working.

JorgeAmely

Stub:

I noticed in your tube that the resistor is missing. Did you remove it or was it like this when you found it? Since the resistor is missing, I have been kind of hesitant to connect it because it could damage the tube.

Jorge

AET

I used to live a block from the Columbus mall, I was ironically on Ludington St in Columbus.  You will enjoy it when you get the chance to go there, that place has everything.
- Tom