News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sad treatment of a once perfectly good AE 50

Started by HobieSport, September 08, 2009, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

I'm not at all loath to pink phones, but this home paint job seems a bit hideous in pink and black, and at a silly price. Too bad for a decent AE 50 with chrome bands. This gives a new meaning to our jokes about "blushing" phones... :P

http://tinyurl.com/lu2kl9 ( dead link 08-04-21 )
-Matt

Greg G.

Hideous colored fonts in the description to match!   >:(
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

should we educate the seller on the time frame of "art deco" era :o ???

is that COSTUME or CUSTOM paint job :-\
donna

HobieSport

Bwanna please never leave this forum. We need you.

I couldn't read so far in the descriptive text after seeing the poor pink AE 50 phone itself. The colorful text seemed almost like a hideous parody of Finlovers good work. It made me sad, and I was too blinded to see any misspellings.

However now that you mention it, I think it may be a "costume" job rather than a "custom" job.

But I tend to give Ebay sellers "the benefit of the doubt", and I don't pretend to be an expert either. I long ago gave up on trying to be "Mr. Helpful".

I just have a love for AE 40 and 50 phones in black, especially with chrome bands, and when I saw the pink paint on the AE 50, my heart just sort of sank a little bit.

I'm over it now.

I'd like to discuss Art Deco anytime.
-Matt

bwanna

yes, hobie, it is tragic indeed.

i should tell you, here in my little world, i am known as the police.  fashion police, etiquette police, grammar police, etc. you get the idea.

my comment was a dig at the seller. i think he/she MEANT custom, but spelled costume. which really is more appropriate.

ok, don't any of you wise guys point out that the grammar police uses all lower case. ;D
donna

HobieSport

Police scare me, Bwanna. Maybe we can discuss Art Deco as reasonable persons?
-Matt

bwanna

i am always reasonable, as long as you see things my way ;)

we are going to have to change the name of this thread to "bwanna & hobie banter"
donna

HobieSport

Dear Bwanna. I enjoy bantering kindly with you but only if you enjoy it also.

Nice phones. Get some sleep.

I will think of you as a sister from a brother. Or maybe as a bother. ;)

-Matt

Dennis Markham

Well Donna, since you mentioned it.........I wondered about the lower case writing.  I just figured your keyboard doesn't have a shift key. :)

JorgeAmely

Dennis:

Some of her messages have words in upper case characters. Are you being too judgmental?

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Dan/Panther

Quote from: HobieSport on September 09, 2009, 08:58:43 PM

But I tend to give Ebay sellers "the benefit of the doubt", and I don't pretend to be an expert either. I long ago gave up on trying to be "Mr. Helpful".

AH! HAH!!!!, You finally admitted it, you are the dreaded Mr. Helpful.

The Shame of it all....
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Yes it is I. I always tell them that the 302 is very ugly and the cord is not correct.

Heh heh. You caught me Dan/Panther!  ;)
-Matt

bwanna

a perfectly accurate observation, dennis & i would expect nothing less than such attention to detail from you ;D

the truth is... i am lazy. do you know how much energy it takes to push that shift key ::) ;D

donna