News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Anoka MN

Started by rwallmow, March 30, 2018, 06:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwallmow

Joined recently and got busy with some projects and forgot to introduce myself.
I'm Ryan from Anoka MN, I've always been interested in computers and telecommunications.

I started down the phone collecting path about 10 years ago by acquiring a Merlin Legend II (and some analog cards for it) to run my own dial-up modem server for my vintage computers and terminals to connect to, which naturally led to me collecting phones to go with my various modems, and then just recently getting into collecting rotary phones.  I've currently got a bunch of 2500 series phones (from WE, cortelco, and avaya/lucent), a WE 2702, some 500 series (WE, and NE), and a WE 302.

I've worked some small roles in telecom support, I supported a Mitel SX-2000 (with about 2000 extensions) for about 6 months before it was decommissioned and replaced with an Avaya system, and now I've recently started training to help support a Definity system with tens of thousands of extensions (and some really crusty old house pairs LOL).

AE_Collector

Welcome! I recognize you by your aqua 554 (from one of the FB groups).

Terry

Babybearjs

welcome Ryan, Hope you enjoy this forum....
John

HarrySmith

Hi Ryan, Welcome to the asylum. Another case where it is too late to warn about Phoneitis, you are obviously already hooked. Just know that it is a progressive, incureable disease. Soon you will be wanting all colors of a certain model or all models of a certain maker. Don't forget about tools, phone booths, paper goods etc. The list goes on & on! You have found the best forum on the net. Lots of knowledgeable, experienced people here who love to help. We love pictures!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Welcome to the forum, Ryan. This forum is great at helping you deal with your phoneitis. Lot of well informed people here. A quick search unveils a mountain of information on most any subject telephone related.  Looking forward to chatting with you!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Ryan....welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

dsk

Ryan
Welcome to the Forum

dsk

RB

Wow! another Gopher from Anoka.
I was born there.
Welcome! 8)

rwallmow

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Added a few more over the weekend, this really is a disease isn't it? LOL

HarrySmith

Nice! Congrats. Phoneitis strikes again!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"