News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Phones

Started by Adam, September 16, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

My favorite color for telephones is red.  I have nice 500s, 2500s, trimlines and Princesses in red.  I have have a really nice touch tone key set in red.  However, I've been trying to get a red rotary key set for about year.

I finally have one now, thanks to eBay.  What I got from eBay was the case only, I have put this together using other parts already in my collection.  It is now working and on my desk.

It's still not my ultimate phone, I'm still looking for one with the older designation strip holder style, and also non-modular.  But, I'm enjoying this one for now!

-Dave Haber
Massapequa Telephone
C*Net 1-798-7619
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

HarrySmith

Nice phone Dave ;D
I am still looking for Red 500's for my collection, I need a soft one and a hard one, non modular ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Red is a cool color in phones. A WE thermoplastic 302 on left and a WE softplastic 302 with a matching painted handset.....Doug
Kidphone

Dave F

Quote from: masstel on September 16, 2010, 11:26:10 AM
My favorite color for telephones is red.  I have nice 500s, 2500s, trimlines and Princesses in red.  I have have a really nice touch tone key set in red.  However, I've been trying to get a red rotary key set for about year.

I finally have one now, thanks to eBay.  What I got from eBay was the case only, I have put this together using other parts already in my collection.  It is now working and on my desk.

It's still not my ultimate phone, I'm still looking for one with the older designation strip holder style, and also non-modular.  But, I'm enjoying this one for now!

-Dave Haber
Massapequa Telephone
C*Net 1-798-7619

Hi Dave, glad you got that red 565 housing.  It looks good.

Dave F.

Red is also one of my favorite phone colors and, as some of you already know, Card Dialers are some of my favorite phones.  So, red Card Dialers would be fine items for me to collect.  Here are my three.

Dennis Markham

Dave (masstel), your red key set looks very nice.  I notice it has a dial card from Michigan.  313 is now just the City of Detroit but at one time it covered most of southeast Michigan.

Dave F, yours look nice too.  I also enjoy red phones.  I would love to someday have a Red (not Pekin Red) 202 like the one Finlover posted some time ago.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2100.0

Greg G.

I have one, June 62, on loan to Mom.  The handset cord is dyed red (that's the way I got it).  I would like to get an authentic red cord for it.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 16, 2010, 03:54:28 PM
Dave F, yours look nice too.  I also enjoy red phones.  I would love to someday have a Red (not Pekin Red) 202 like the one Finlover posted some time ago.

Dennis:

finlover who  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

JorgeAmely

My favorite red phone, from 1958.

Jorge

HarrySmith

darn :o
I am jealous, that is one beautiful mushroom phone :)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

teka-bb

Some of my favorites:

German red desk phone made by Siemens & Halske type Fg tist 282 T. Produced since 1954.

Italian red desk phone made by Siemens Italy type Grillo.

Red desk phone made by Dutch Ericsson, type T65.

Red desk phone made by Dutch Ericsson, type T65 TDK.

Transparent red desk phone made by Centrale WerkPlaats (CWP) in The Hague, type T65 Delft.

Red Dutch PTT Ericofon made by Ericsson.

Desk phone covered with brown leather, made by NSEM, type Unifoon TDK.

Red desk phone, type Hilversum IDK.
Introduced in the Netherlands on Oktober 30 1984.
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

JorgeAmely

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 16, 2010, 04:33:17 PM
darn :o
I am jealous, that is one beautiful mushroom phone :)

Harry:

More pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/1958WesternElectricPhoneWithNightLight# -- DEAD LINK
Jorge

JorgeAmely

Remco:

I like the Grillo (cricket) phone, especially the elaborate 3 prong connector.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Harry, I agree......that mushroom phone that Jorge refurbished IS one beautiful phone.

Jorge, I also like that Italian red phone with the 3 prong plug.  Nice phones Remco.

Adam

Dennis: I like to have an appropriate number card on every phone in my collection that I actually use, and that's almost all of them, as I rotate my favorites in and out of service.  Unfortunately, I don't have a "real" number card for all of them, so I scanned that 313 number card from another phone in my collection, and use a printed copy for all my phones that don't have number cards.

Since it's scanned in high res from a real number card, including all the original perforations, when installed under a finger wheel, you just can't tell it's not real.  It's very magical!  :)

Similarly, the key designation strip is reproduced from a much earlier key set acquisition of mine.  I actually can't remember what phone I got that had the 313 number card on it originally...
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

teka-bb

Quote from: JorgeAmely on September 16, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
Remco:

I like the Grillo (cricket) phone, especially the elaborate 3 prong connector.

The connector holds a buzzer, that's why it is so big. Did you notice the dial? There is no visible finger stop.
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/