HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry...easily removed, too rich for me and its looks like it has shrinkage, but these guys usually don't stick around too long.,...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kidphone on December 02, 2010, 02:22:50 PM
Harry...easily removed, too rich for me and its looks like it has shrinkage, but these guys usually don't stick around too long.,...Doug

That's up there in price though. $1094.69. He must have wanted $1095 but took off 31 cents for the handset cord condition. An Ivory 40 with gold trim rather than chrome is usually a $500-$600 item I think. He's probably getting some low ball offers though.

Terry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

Not Catalin or even close. Impossible to make a telephone like this out of Catalin unless machined out of a solid block. Made of Tenite from Tennessee Eastman in Kingsport Tenn. I would not call it mint either. I still would like to own it though. I have the handset for one but no telephone to put it on.
Robby

jsowers

Also, wouldn't the date be more like postwar? Say late 1940s or early 1950s? The telephone archive site says AE40s were made 1939-early 1950s, similar to the WE302. And the color is definitely Old Ivory. I don't think they made them in white. I'm no expert on AE40s, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Jonathan

JorgeAmely

No expert here, but AE40s were never made in pure white, just ivory.
Jorge

Greg G.

Something may be wrong with my color perception, but it looks yellow to me.  Not just faded, but real yellow.  And yeah, why do they say "mint" then point out the obvious crack?  It's also missing the dial center ring, again, not "mint". 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Yeah "Mint" seemed a bit of a stretch to me as well. Some of these discolor that much and others don't so what you see is what you get as far as that goes. But the number card ring won't be easy to find for it and a chrome one won't be "right" either. Is there an "obvious crack"? There is a line on the front far side just above the rubber ring that potentially looks like a crack but I ruled that out due to the seller using the word "mint".

Cracks frequently happen in that location or across the back near the rubber ring but they usually run from close to the rubber ring at the outer corner and run up higher in the centre of the front or back since there is a heavy post molded in dead centre front and back for the base screws.

Terry

Greg G.

The dial is the same one my barber had on his phone, and he was missing the dial center parts.  I did some trading with someone here for the parts, can't remember who.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Jeremiahdove:

I have moved the pictures of your phones into a single topic in the Telephone Collection Display area of the forum. It is located here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13353.0

This is a place to show all of your phones in one place and you will see that many other forum members have their collections posted here as well.

Welcome to the forum! Where are you located?

Terry

jeremiahdove

Hi Terry, tks for the infor given. Appreciate it, cheer jeremiahdove

AE_Collector

Jeremiahdove:

I think I messed up that link to your telephone collection display topic in my previous post. I have fixed it now and here it is agin:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13353.0

Terry