News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 236: WE 208 Keyset with original line cord - Ended 11-11-16

Started by TelePlay, November 04, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

205   E4 handset mounting   1, 2, 3, H, L   750A P.B.X.
208   E5 handset mounting   1, 2, H, L, B   15A Key (2 lines)1 line or 23A Key (3 lines) (2 lines)

1,2,3 are the line pickups
H = Hold
L = Local (intercom)
B = Buzz
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 10, 2016, 10:13:32 AM
Yankee Carpet Baggers again. I thought it was a WE 205....  Doug

Yes, it is YCB and the seller claimed 205 in the auction. As with the previous phone listed as a 205 and changed by another member in a rely to 208, I was also asked to change the seller stated 205 to 208 in a PM from another member. I left 205 in the seller's description and only changed the contest subject. I don't know the difference, how to spot the difference or what the correct model should be on these so unless another member wants to claim it is a 205, or something else, it will remain as 208 in the subject title. That's how 208 came to be.

EDIT:  And while I was writing this, poplar1 posted the difference in the reply just above this.

Doug Rose

I always thought I had a 205. I will have to check when I get home.

David....thanks for the info....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I own a WE 208....thanks David
Kidphone

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #236 is WEBellSystemChristian who once again with the 2nd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $550.00 which gave him his 8th auction contest win, his first in a bit more than a year. So, congratulations to WEBellSystemChristian for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by z***3 ( 1871 ) with his/her first and only bid placed six seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $566.00, about $150 less than the last 208 that was the subject of an auction contest. There were two last second snipes increasing the selling price about $120 from the $435 bid placed late yesterday. The auction saw 7 bidders placing 12 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 236 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win. Maybe the next contest will be a bit more interesting.