Started by Kenny C, February 03, 2011, 04:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
My guess YES probably one of the early conversions.
D/P

Paul shows it here. 1959.

http://www.paul-f.com/weprotot.html#WE1500

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

so these were to use the extra 500 housings they had right?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Check my last post.
D/P

Dennis Markham

The attached photo is from the eBay link that Kenny posted.

In a few weeks the eBay listing will be history and this thread will be of little interest.

(Please everyone, remember to attach a photo with an eBay link so that won't happen).

Thank you.......

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Right...
Might as well add the back.,
D/P

Kenny C

Sorry about that i forgot  ::)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Kenny,
Northern Electric used these 10 and 12 button plates. Western Electric never used them outside of trials.

JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

Philips or possibly Norelco had a similar conversion also. Had a 554 with one.The buttons were larger if I remember.
Robby

jsowers

None of the examples on Paul's site have the same number card area above the buttons. I think this is NE, as Jim says, and a lot more recent than 1959. Interesting that the seller says "Western Electric" in the auction title and then in the description he says he's not sure if it's Western Electric. It's a good thing eBay sellers aren't jailed for false advertising.
Jonathan

Jester

I'm curious who made this one.  Besides the number card being in an unusual area & fastened to the plate a little differently, the cutouts for the buttons are centered on the plate and the screws for mounting it into the cover (onto the keypad?) would not allow a WE/NE keypad to fully fit into the cutouts.  I include a "borrowed" picture of a current auction of a NE 1500 for comparison.
Stephen

Adam

Quote from: Jester on February 04, 2011, 03:59:39 PM
I'm curious who made this one.

Me too, I agree it's very likely not from Western Electric, or any of the clone licensees (ITT, Stromberg Carlson).

Perhaps it's from one of those table-top pay phones you see occasionally on eBay.  Although it doesn't match our mystery example, here's a pic of a typical table-top payphone with a similar configuration.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820