News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

No way to know what color this one was originally, because the original dial has been replaced.

When you find a remanufactured 500 with an old 7C or 7D dial--even if it has the newer type finger wheel---check the back of the dial. If the date on the dial matches the ringer date and/or network date, then the dial is probably original to the phone, even if it is now a different color.  All 7-type dials, as well as the early 9Cs, have the original color indicated.

For example: 7D-3 8-55 was originally a black dial in 1955. 7C-56 9-62 was originally yellow  in 1962. 9C-53 3-66 was originally red in 1966.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

southernphoneman

just received the phone today and it has a 9CA-10/75

southernphoneman

just won these 2 phones from an auction on ebay

WesternElectricBen

Those look like great phones! I like the one with the dial blank. I like that kind more than the 95A. Can you relate us the item number or link?

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on June 30, 2013, 10:00:38 PM
Those look like great phones! I like the one with the dial blank. I like that kind more than the 95A. Can you relate us the item number or link?

Ben
hi ben, here it is,ebay item number 251294828819

WesternElectricBen

Good Job SouthernPhoneMan, I wish I saw that listing, I would have bid on it. You sure did get a good deal, especially for two telephones for only 29.99!

I wonder if the dial phone, with soft plastic handset, is all original? It would be interesting to see the insides.

Link for other users: http://goo.gl/kB8PL

Ben

southernphoneman

just added some more shelves and here is a photo of them and the photo will show an up to date picture of the collection

WesternElectricBen

I really like that! You have some very nice phones too, and I like that you labeled some of them too.

The custom display is really nice. What room is that in, bedroom, shop, living room etc.? I will be building one this summer but just havn't ordered any parts yet...

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 05, 2013, 03:50:03 PM
I really like that! You have some very nice phones too, and I like that you labeled some of them too.

The custom display is really nice. What room is that in, bedroom, shop, living room etc.? I will be building one this summer but just havn't ordered any parts yet...

Ben
hi ben,thank you very much for the compliments, that means a lot coming from you.the room is an extra bedroom that I call the phone room and good luck on your projects,and I have already viewed your new web site, GOOD JOB on that.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on July 05, 2013, 04:47:46 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 05, 2013, 03:50:03 PM

Ben
hi ben,thank you very much for the compliments, that means a lot coming from you.the room is an extra bedroom that I call the phone room and good luck on your projects,and I have already viewed your new web site, GOOD JOB on that.

Thank you so much! I have some projects which I'm really excited about but some have to be done before others...

I'm actually editing a video of my "phone room" (bedroom) before and after the new display comes in.

Ben

southernphoneman

well, I finally did it.i bit the bullet and bought a candlestick.its photo is below, its from 1915, and I paid $99.00.

southernphoneman

this is my recently purchased 1936 manual 202 with an F1 handset.

southernphoneman

this is my recently purchased western electric 554.

WesternElectricBen

Nice candle stick and 202! I only have one of each right now.

That 554 looks nice, was it on eBay, because I thought I saw one like that?

Its too bad I'm on a money reserve but soon enough I will be back to the phones.

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 21, 2013, 08:31:32 PM
Nice candle stick and 202! I only have one of each right now.

That 554 looks nice, was it on eBay, because I thought I saw one like that?

Its too bad I'm on a money reserve but soon enough I will be back to the phones.

Ben

thanks for the compliments ben,yes the 554 was purchased on ebay today for about $22.00, it needs work though,when done it will become a full service phone. ;)