News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone got a dead phone?

Started by McHeath, February 25, 2009, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konrad

Relative newbie.  Dials seem to be the problem.  I'm not bothering with the later 500 riveted dials as NOS replacements are cheap.  I've had 2500 TT not dial out.  The line switch on a 500 needed the hinge lubed.  My latest 202 is not accurate on 8 thru 0 but that is a dial that can be repaired by an expert for cheap.  One 500 I tried a few wiring configuration and went back to the original configuration that did not work at first then did after I moved wires back and forth.  Now solid and working.   

But I've not gone through all my fleabay projects as work is busy :(

HobieSport

Quote from: Konrad
...but that is a dial that can be repaired by an expert for cheap.

Konrad, Just curious, but do you have a particular "dial expert" that you like?  I'm going to try to do most of my dials myself, but there may come a time when I need someone with more experience to fix one...
Mostly AE40s and WE302s and 500s.
-Matt

Konrad

Matt

I ent you the details in a PM

Konrad

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dennis Markham

I'll throw my hat into the ring too on Western Electric dials.  Like Ben, I disassemble, clean, reassemble and lubricate where needed #4, #5, #6 and #7 dials.  I can adjust the speed on the #4 and #5 dials but do not tinker with the springs that are used for speed adjustment on the governors of #6 and #7 dials...yet.

I'm in Michigan if that makes a difference as far as shipping.  I will do them at the same price Ben quoted.

BDM

Sorry Dennis, I should have mentioned you also :-\ Dennis specializes in the 500 series dials(he's down them for me). I could be wrong, but I believe Ben is more into the previous #5 dials and down. I hate speaking for anyone :P
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

benhutcherson

Yes, I prefer working on #5 and older dials, although I will work on any of them.