"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Invitation to The Conference Call

Started by paul-f, April 23, 2010, 12:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Quote from: bwanna on April 27, 2010, 01:31:33 PM
i think briny/greg mentioned the cost of the call, also. i have POTS but do not subscribe to a long distance service. (free on the cell). i have one of those calling cards that you dial in a number, then enter a PIN. the charge is 49cents to connect/ 1cent per min. so that the call cost me $1.09. the card cost $5

If LD is free on your cell, do you also have call forwarding on the cell? Forward the cell to the conference number and call your cell from your antique phone.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Lomg distance is typically cheap, you can always get something like a magic Jack and use Voip. I think C*net might be able to figure out something.

I sugest "challenging" John Novack to solve this problem.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bwanna

good idea, terry.......except my cell is a different area code than home phone, so is a toll call to call myself. i keep one of those calling cards by the house phone in the rare instance i might have to use it for a ld call.
donna

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 27, 2010, 12:44:10 PM

Donna;
I had a couple photos to choose from, I posted one last night. When you get my age you have to be selective about photos you show to other people.
Like Greg said, Photos seem to distort facts beyond reason..
D/P

Ain't that the truth!  I still see a buffed 30-something in the mirror, but this darn digital camera keeps showing my Dad!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

My dad's FAR more buff than I am, he's a body builder, so I wish for what you've got haha. 

Quote from: Brinybay on April 27, 2010, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 27, 2010, 12:44:10 PM

Donna;
I had a couple photos to choose from, I posted one last night. When you get my age you have to be selective about photos you show to other people.
Like Greg said, Photos seem to distort facts beyond reason..
D/P

Ain't that the truth!  I still see a buffed 30-something in the mirror, but this darn digital camera keeps keeps showing my Dad!
- Tom