News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first PINK phone

Started by Dewdrop, October 02, 2010, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

This is a recent ebay purchase. It's an ITT. Has 76 on the bottom.

I never really liked the color pink. Growing up I played baseball, climbed trees, and played army, thought pink was a "sissy" color. That was definitely a LONG time ago. And now I have this "phone bug" going on.

This pink phone sits alongside my white, beige, red, brown, moss green, trimline "like" phones.

It came clean, shiny, and in working condition. Don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it's not faded either.

Nice blue trimlines are hard to find at a good price. Maybe someday I'll get lucky.

I guess really I got over the pink "sissy" thing when I started collecting pink Depression glassware and egg vases (which some are pink and have pink flowers). Oh, forgot pink Pyrex nesting mixing bowls and Pyrex covered refrigerator containers.

Debbie
Debbie

Dave F

Hi Debbie,

I think that pink is a fine color for telephones.  Your ITT Trendline looks great.  Here's one of my pink sets (WE 1500D), and there's nothing sissy about it!

Dave

Dewdrop

Dave,

You have a cool looking phone! So ITTs are called Trendline and Western Electrics are called Trimline, correct? Who copied who?

Debbie
Debbie

Kenny C

Wel as long as we are showing pictures here is my all matching #'s 5-65 500
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Debbie & Dave, nice looking pink phones.  I enjoy a nice pink phone myself.  Debbie, the color on yours shows up very well....nice pink color!  

Dave F

Quote from: Dewdrop on October 02, 2010, 01:13:20 PM
Dave,

You have a cool looking phone! So ITTs are called Trendline and Western Electrics are called Trimline, correct? Who copied who?

Debbie

Bell System was out first with the Trimline.  Paul F can probably give you the precise timeline.  Well, it seems that now we're onto pink phones, so how about this: 1958 500CD with G6 handset.  When was the last time you saw a hardwired pink G6?!

Dennis Markham

Love that phone, Dave.  Nice pink 505A to boot!

Dave F

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 02, 2010, 01:28:18 PM
Love that phone, Dave.  Nice pink 505A to boot!
Thanks Dennis.  I'm a huge fan of specialty handsets.  That pink non-modular G6 was a real score.  It's the only one I have ever seen (would certainly like to see more examples).  Right now I'm on the hunt for a turquoise hardwired G6 or G7 to put on my turquoise 2660 Card Dialer.

Dewdrop

Regarding my pink Trendline. Should the pink name plate (unsure of the part name) be on the handset or the phone base?

I have some of the clear number covers (also correct me on this part) missing from my Trimline phones which aren't the same size as the ones used on the touch tone desk phones. Where can extra ones be found?

Don't know if this request has ever been asked, but is there a line drawing or picture of phones that have arrows drawn that identify the parts of phones? Please direct me to one.

Debbie
Debbie

Greg G.

My first pink:

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dave F

Quote from: Dewdrop on October 02, 2010, 02:21:23 PM
Regarding my pink Trendline. Should the pink name plate (unsure of the part name) be on the handset or the phone base?

I have some of the clear number covers (also correct me on this part) missing from my Trimline phones which aren't the same size as the ones used on the touch tone desk phones. Where can extra ones be found?

Don't know if this request has ever been asked, but is there a line drawing or picture of phones that have arrows drawn that identify the parts of phones? Please direct me to one.

Debbie

Debbie,

Acording to the ITT manual, the colored piece (Nameplate) officially goes on the base, and the clear window (Number Card Retainer) goes on the handset.

If you send me your address in a Personal Message (don't post it here), I will make copies of the ITT manual pages for the Trendline and mail them to you.  These have exploded views of the the phone and include complete parts lists with part numbers.

Dave

Jim Stettler

the TIMM manual was on the TCI site, The TCI library is now combinded with Remco's site and you can find the manual  there.

The trimline nameplates are easy to snap when you install them. I suggest putting the nameplate in a glass of hot tap water for 1-2 minutes before you try installing it.

I think the namplates and clear covers are the same size on the rotary vs TT. I know that NT 's are a different size than WE.

SC's "trimline" is called a slenderet
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

bingster

Here's my first pink, which is also my first shipping disaster.  It was soft plastic from 1958, too.  Dennis helped make this one right.
= DARRIN =

deedubya3800

What the h-e-double-hockey-pucks did they do, ship it in grocery bag?!?! :o >:(

I'm glad y'all were able to make it right, though. :)

KeithB

No kidding, that looked worse than a train wreck!  :o