"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first PINK phone

Started by Dewdrop, October 02, 2010, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Quote from: Jim S. on October 02, 2010, 08:59:36 PM
the TIMM manual was on the TCI site, The TCI library is now combinded with Remco's site and you can find the manual  there. . .

Jim

Thanks Jim.  That should give Debbie the info she needs, and it saves me the trouble of copying it.

Dewdrop

Brinybay,

Your pink phone is VERY shiny.

When I get my pink 500 I'll post a few pics of it.

Debbie
Debbie

bingster

Quote from: deedubya3800 on October 02, 2010, 09:35:26 PM
What the h-e-double-hockey-pucks did they do, ship it in grocery bag?!?! :o >:(

The first picture shows the phone sitting on a sheet of thin foam.  It was in a box that was way too big, with only that sheet of foam for padding. It didn't stand a chance.
= DARRIN =

finlover

Okay, Dennis, how did you fix the broken 500?  Please tell me you supplied a different housing and didn't somehow repair the smashed one.  I know you're the master, but that would take a miracle to fix.

Anyway, you have all seen it before, but here's my pink soft plastic, early '59 500.  I love this color--and I eat quiche too!!

finlover

last two

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on October 02, 2010, 09:13:12 PM
Here's my first pink, which is also my first shipping disaster.  It was soft plastic from 1958, too.  Dennis helped make this one right.

Hey, where did you get that dial card?  SUnset is an old Seattle exchange.  Looking on the TENproject database, I see it was also used in New York NY, North Bellmore (Nassau) NY, Houston TX, Clovis NM, Mount Morris MI, and Brookfield Wisconsin.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Dewdrop on October 02, 2010, 10:11:49 PM
Brinybay,

Your pink phone is VERY shiny.

When I get my pink 500 I'll post a few pics of it.

Debbie

It didn't start out that way:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

You're right Greg (Finlover), I did supply him with a replacement housing.  But the housing I supplied had an "issue" as well.  The round barrel-like piece that the mounting screw goes into was broken.  Bingster used his broken housing as a donor and attached it to the housing I gave him to make the repair.

Here's a link to the thread he posted at that time:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1301.0

bingster

Quote from: Brinybay on October 03, 2010, 06:19:41 AMHey, where did you get that dial card?  SUnset is an old Seattle exchange...

It did come from Washington, as I recall.
= DARRIN =