News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How's your desk looks like?

Started by mienaichizu, February 08, 2009, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Thanks for the info Hobie. I may stop and check out the trailer but I am not interested in buying one.  My idea of camping involves a shower, an internet connection and room service! :)

HobieSport

Quote from: Dennis Markham
My idea of camping involves a shower, an internet connection and room service! :)

My trailer has a hot shower and high speed internet connection. I have to supply my own room service though; That usually involves the campfire/bbq and roast duck with orange sauce... ;D
-Matt

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 08, 2009, 12:51:18 PM
My idea of camping involves a shower, an internet connection and room service! :)

Dennis: Did you forget to add "and a nearby flea market?"
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Hobie, your situation in more permanent.  I'm talking about those that pull a trailer (or tent) somewhere on the weekend.  I also know now that the Recreational Vehicles are pretty sophisticated and have all the amenities of home.

You're right Jorge, a nearby Flea Market is a must!!

HobieSport

Of course I wouldn't "go camping" if it wasn't more "permanent".  ;)

It was rather sad to see families enter the campground rather enthusiastically and then leave two or three days later looking even more tired. I never understood the idea of "weekend" camping. ;)
-Matt

McHeath

Funny old picture by Norman R.  The only person who has not changed a wit after the "fun" camping trip is grandma, who has her face set like flint both going and coming.  Even the dog looks beat on the way back home. 

We camped for a couple of days last summer, had not done it in years and years.  It was just like I remembered.  I know a lot of folks love it, and I get why as it's pretty fab to be out in the woods and nature and all.  But I'm more of an armchair nature lover. 

McHeath

Been awhile since this topic had any activity.  Thought I'd post a picture of my desk from a long shot instead of just up close.  Mine is the close one, my espositas is the far one.

bwanna

very tidy.  i like your hat & lava lamp :)
donna

HobieSport

Really neat set-up, Heath!  I remember your closeups of the desks, and now it's great to also see the whole room, in all it's classy modernist-mid-century-slightly googie-ish Heathesque glory. Thanks for posting your inspiring photo. It's all great, and I also especially like the fedora, lava lamp, and of course the phones.

So now I have to ask...What is the view out the big window?
-Matt

McHeath

Well I wish the view out the window was something really cool, like the Space Needle or Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls.  But it's pretty ordinary, as seen below, just a couple of ranch style houses.  The green house on the left was built in 1950, and the yellow one on the right in 1960, and ours in 1966.  Old folks live in the green and yellow houses, good people all.

HobieSport

Not a bad view at all, and fit's right in with your 1950s-60s motif. :)
-Matt

Dennis Markham

Nice photos heath and a couple of nice looking telephones!  The view is nice---looks like summer time.

McHeath

QuoteThe view is nice---looks like summer time.

Ha!  That was this afternoon, Jan 27th.  Winter is pretty much over for us, the lawn is even starting to come out of being dormant and the trees are budding. 

Dennis Markham

Heath, that will happen here too.........latter part of March, early April! :(

Craig T