News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bauhaus Secretary Phone

Started by tubaman, May 25, 2018, 11:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

I've just picked-up this beauty from eBay. - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-amp-n-Phone-Bauhaus-Telephone-30er-years-Bauhaus-Fuld-NEW-Frankfurt-NT-TN-NTT-/263676809980
I knew I'd never pay the money for a standard desktop one so hopefully this is the next best thing.
I was a bit worried about the 'I never opened the phone' statement in the auction but I needn't have been as it seems very complete and untouched - I had to blow various dead insects from inside it!
The handset is a later T&N type but might be original to the phone as the wire colours of the cut cord stubs match nicely.
It's basically a modified desktop phone with a multi-line base added.
I'm not sure yet if I want to restore it or leave it in its aged beauty?
:)

tubaman

More photos

HarrySmith

Very Cool! Nice phone! Is that a speaker on the front? In my opinion I would not restore it, just clean it up & enjoy! Congrats on a great catch!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Haf

Nice. About restoring, I won't do too much to it, it's only original once!! Just a clean maybe.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

HarrySmith

Quote from: Haf on May 25, 2018, 03:41:32 PM
Nice. About restoring, I won't do too much to it, it's only original once!! Just a clean maybe.

Haf

Agreed, clean & a nice cord!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Haf

If you like I will take a look tomorrow if the Fuld cords I have are nice and matching to this model. How many wires for the line cord needed?

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

tubaman

Thanks everyone!
A nice clean it will be then.
I think the little grill on the front is covering a lamp.
Haf, the line cord is, I think, 25 way - a lot of wires!
The handset cord is a 4 way one.
:)