News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tele-Creations Pay Phone

Started by BigBird0000, July 17, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBird0000

I bought a cheap phone ($5) at a garage sale. I knew it wasn't a "real" payphone because of the weight, but I bought it because it was different.

It was made by a company called Tele-Creations, and apparently not just a "toy" as it has an LED display beneath the missing dial.

Is power needed?

I'd rather have it working like a payphone instead of just putting a standard network inside.

MISSING: Dial   ((it has a 5.25" diameter hole) , mounting screws about 1 1/4") Wires go ?least a dial to put in, and get it to work with
               Coin Chute, Coin Mech, Coin Relay

Anyone have any info on this?

Any help would be appreciated

FABphones

Could you pop a pic up of the whole phone.
Sounds similar to a Wild and Wolf repro, maybe their 'Diner' model.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

BigBird0000

Here is a photo of the sections, separated
Also attached is a pic of sticker outside the phone, found same sticker inside phone.

Tnx

poplar1

It appears to have started out as a typical Automatic Electric multi-slot, such as LPB-8255.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

BigBird0000

I don't think so. It is a lot lighter than the normal pay phone, and only has the small key in the front (no T key)

Haf

Looks genuine  AE to me too but heavily modified. The upper housing seems to even have that green felt inside. Haven't seen that kind of instruction card frame on the upper housing before and the hole for the dial seems to have been cut out- wonder why. And no T-key is needed for a three slot payphone.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

FABphones

Telecreations Inc, traded during the 1980's, business reg as selling 'Novelty and Decorator Telephones'.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Sigmaz

There is a local CL seller with one similar to this one.
When I see the ad I snicker and then move on.

It's nice to see the inside of one though.

BigBird0000

Yeah, I agree. It does have more stuff in it than I thought when buying it!
I may just 3d print a blank dial plate, and put a normal network in, and use it in the garage. It's hard to misplace a "pay phone". If I find an LED caller ID, I can also put that
in the window where the LED board is now.