News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who wants to be on NPSTN?

Started by dc4code, October 26, 2018, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

NPSTN is almost exactly like C*NET, It is a peer to peer network, you can host your own exchange codes. here are the key differences from NPSTN to C*NET

- NPSTN is more secure then C*NET.
- Calls are routed faster then C*NET.
- 911/611/411/0/111 are working numbers on the network. (911 goes to intercept; 611,411,0 goes to Network Operator; 111 is Pat Fleet speaking clock)
- Most of the exchanges on NPSTN use simulated electromechanical exchanges. meaning that you get to hear all the old network sounds.
- We are currently making the exchange code "327 and 252" on NPSTN use electromechanical switching! and the operator console will soon be replaced with working cord boards! (There are 3 operators)

There are about 10 members on NPSTN currently.

Here is the website for information https://npstn.us

Also, parts of the main network (Exchanges 327 and 252) are soon going to be running a modified ProjectMF Software. meaning Blue boxes and red boxes will work if you call out of the 327-0102 or 330-1111 tandem & end office!!

https://npstn.us/get_number.php

Want to host your own Exchange? https://npstn.us/hoc.html (We use iax2 JUST like C*NET does both networks operate more or less the same but the difference is NPSTN is a LOT more secure. In fact ckts.info is still offline because of all the security issues they need to fix!)

dc4code

PSTN Gateways :

US: 845 262 3341 (Spring Valley, NY)
US: 530 537 0261 (Auburn, CA)

C*NET Gateway : (maybe offline since C*NET is undergoing security maintenance... lol)

1-229-0000 (Dialtone)
1-229-0001 (Operator)
1-229-0002 (MW Tone)

Test Numbers on the network:

111 : Speaking Clock (Pat Fleet EST Time)

Andrews MW Tone: 222-9911
Emil's MW Tone: 246-1111
Brian's MW Tone: 543-1000

Brian's Other Test Numbers:

Telephone Number: [5447700] -- NAME: [Brian Clancy] -- NOTE: [Test Tone [tones concatenated]]
Telephone Number: [5447800] -- NAME: [Brian Clancy] -- NOTE: [Unanswered Silent Termination]
Telephone Number: [5447801] -- NAME: [Brian Clancy] -- NOTE: [Answered Silent Termination]
Telephone Number: [5447802] -- NAME: [Brian Clancy] -- NOTE: [Answer & Immediately Hang up]
Telephone Number: [5448463] -- NAME: [Brian Clancy] -- NOTE: [Asterisk Speaking Clock]

Or you can call any number on the member list here: https://npstn.us/ml.php (full-screen version: https://npstn.us/ml_relay.php)

dc4code

Also, NPSTN stands for 'New Public Switched Telephone Network' or New PSTN.

dc4code

Lastly, the mailing list is https://groups.io/g/npstn

Also Brian's Exchange codes 543 and 544 may be offline since he is upgrading his server and he is having issues with his internet connection recently...

dc4code

Actually now NPSTN Stands for 'Novelty PSTN'

Also, I did get a few PM's and I am helping about 4 people to get on NPSTN & C*Net.

Is anyone else interested in being on these Networks?

I can help you set up your ATA and your Exchange from start to finish you would not have to touch a thing,
I can remotely control you PC and set it up! :)

dc4code

If you need help and step-by-step remote support on getting an exchange on NPSTN and C*Net

You can PM Me,
EMail me at Admin@dc4.us
Or Call my WE500 Connected to a Landline at my work desk: 407-569-8597 (With old MF Tones and ringback tones as it's connecting!)

dsk

When I try your links, I only get "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
I am trying from: 85.164.201.9 (I have a dynamic IP)

dsk

dc4code

Looks like Cloudflare was having an issue earlier,

Website is up now :)

dc4code

Quote from: dsk on December 28, 2018, 04:00:22 AM
When I try your links, I only get "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
I am trying from: 85.164.201.9 (I have a dynamic IP)

dsk

If you still can't connect then it is possible that Cloudflare blocked your IP?

Maybe someone that had your IP Last was got it on a blacklist.

dsk

Still the same problem.  How to handle that?

dsk

dc4code

Quote from: dsk on December 28, 2018, 10:45:28 AM
Still the same problem.  How to handle that?

dsk

You just have to wait until you get a new IP Address, Could be in a few seconds or a few months...
Optionally you can change the MAC Address of your Router to change your IP (Works for people with Spectrum)
Or you can contact your ISP and have them renew your IP.

dc4code

Quote from: dylanc4 on December 28, 2018, 11:05:41 AM
You just have to wait until you get a new IP Address, Could be in a few seconds or a few months...
Optionally you can change the MAC Address of your Router to change your IP (Works for people with Spectrum)
Or you can contact your ISP and have them renew your IP.

I did a lookup on your IP, My suspicion is confirmed you are in fact on a Blacklist.

dsk

Thank you, I did not get a new IP, but my provider has some new safety software so I had to change the DHCP servers and now it works.  :-)

dsk

dsk

Dylan has helped me setting up an Asterisk exchange on an Raspberry Pi, and even solved how to get the sound of old purring dial tone made by a pole-changer, and still DTMF and rotary works.

Incredible!

I have to learn how to set up the Asterisk lines and trunks, and that is not easy for me when I have to use linux codes. 

These asterisk genies are really breaking limits, and it should not surprise me if they made sound recognition able to recognize the sound of a rotary dial and use it for dialing.
That would make it possible to use a rotary on non rotary ATA's too.

So far thank you Dylan, I need a manul or something to learn more about hoe to do this further on

dsk

dc4code

Quote from: dsk on February 12, 2019, 12:52:43 PM

Dylan has helped me setting up an Asterisk exchange on an Raspberry Pi, and even solved how to get the sound of old purring dial tone made by a pole-changer, and still DTMF and rotary works.

Incredible!

I have to learn how to set up the Asterisk lines and trunks, and that is not easy for me when I have to use linux codes. 

These asterisk genies are really breaking limits, and it should not surprise me if they made sound recognition able to recognize the sound of a rotary dial and use it for dialing.
That would make it possible to use a rotary on non rotary ATA's too.

So far thank you Dylan, I need a manul or something to learn more about hoe to do this further on

dsk

No Problem!

If you need anything else or want me to set something up,

Just pickup your phone and dial 646-1217 and I will pickup :)