News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kenny's article in the January Singing Wires - Congratulations!

Started by paul-f, January 15, 2011, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Kenny --

It was great to read about your find on page 3!

Now that you're a published author, I hope this is the first of many articles we'll see from you.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

Congratulations Kenny!  That was a very nice article and photos.  It was exciting to read your accounting of how you found that 302.

Kenny C

WHOA I DID IT????? Gee i didnt think they would publish it.

Thanks guys I did not think I would get published
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

Kenny, 

That is something you'll remember for a long time.  Good Job!

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan

All right Kenny. You need to get some of your friends invloved in phones and keep the future of this hobby sound! :)

Is there any way you could post the article?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

- Tom

AE_Collector

From the Singing Wires Listserve:

January Singing Wires (!) From: Jonathan Finder

This is a great time to renew if you have not already done so. I am delighted with this issue, which includes:

1. Card Dialers by Paul Fassbender (the best article ever written on these sets in my opinion),
2. White House Telephones: a history of phones in the oval office by David Haber and Jonathan Finder
3 . What a Find! by Kenny Cottrell
4. The KS-16990 L1 Test Set by Paul Wills
5. Beginner's Corner: Why Won't My Touchtone Telephone Dial Out?
6. TCI Member on National TV by Dan Golden
7. Plus:President's Column, buy and sell, show announcements.

Our Bonus Pages include

--More card dialer photographs
--More White House photographs
--Formal Opening of the Transcontinental Telephone Line, 1915
--A HALF CENTURY OF SERVICE: 1896-1946, PART 5

If you are not already a member, you are missing out on something special. Please join!

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Congratulations, Keeny!

I just read the article, and that was fantastic.

-Bill
-Bill G

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

And as Terry's post pointed out, there is also a great article by masstel, which includes some photos from his wonderful site on White House phones.

Articles in the club newsletters are a great way to summarize what we've learned and to archive the knowledge for future reference.  Not only are they in print, but back issues are available to members on CD or online.

I encourage all forum members to contribute articles.

Potential subjects can include anything related to telephones and their history.  Telephone finds like Kenny's or DP's are always popular.  Articles can be "cliff hangers" that describe what's known to date and include questions for the next level of research.  Two or more authors can collaborate. You get the idea -- be creative.

It's really not that hard.  If you have an idea for an article and want help getting started, please contact me privately.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Adam

Quote from: paul-f on January 16, 2011, 09:54:47 AM
there is also a great article by masstel, which includes some photos from his wonderful site on White House phones.

Thanks!  The article was really the work of Dr. Finder, I just assisted.  He did a great job!

The subject, Presidential Telephones, has always been one that really fascinated me, so it's great for me to see it in print that way!

Here's a couple of pics of Presidential phones that weren't in the article, and aren't on my site because they're after the Western Electric era.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820