News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

It Looks like North Galion.....BUT

Started by Doug Rose, December 29, 2015, 01:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

It is not, no mention of North anywhere and its 100% WE parts except the shell. Base and Ringer 11/48. Transmitter is 114/8 and the receiver is 10/16/48...back of dial is 9/48. It has the cutout for an AE dial. Any ideas?....Doug
Kidphone

wds

There have been several threads about this type phone. 

paulf

fake north

I think these economy specials are pretty neat.
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

I was going to say; "Congrats, you have an Economy Special!", but Dave beat me to it... ;)

I think it looks pretty cool with all WE parts, sort of like a true fat 302... ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

wds

Not sure why your shell has been cut out for the dial - I remember mine had the AE dial and it fit just fine.  Maybe the damage to your shell is not dial related.
Dave

Jim Stettler

I had one. The plastic of the housing was a lot more flexible than a North housing and it was marked on the back. It was marked the same as the bottom photo on Paul F.'s page..
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Dave....look at my inside picture, looks like it could be a break or a cut by a previous owner to fit something. It's odd. Works great and is hardly noticeable, but it is there! I do remember the TE Fake Norths, never saw a no name on the back....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Telephone Engineering had  these shells made for cheep tepephones to sell to the public for illegal extensions .The notch in the shell was for AE dials with an external fingerstops pulled from 5 inch and dials from starlites etc

Doug Rose

thanks Robbie...I do appreciate the info....Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 29, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
I do remember the TE Fake Norths, never saw a no name on the back....Doug

Doug,

My page with a photo of one has been up since 2002.  Where have you been?   ::)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Here's an interesting variation on the fake North.  It has a North base, AE dial, WE ringer, and French handset: ebay link.  It seems that the people assembling these things used whatever parts they could find.  I bought one of these a couple of years ago because it had a NE NU handset on it.

Larry

Babybearjs

I had one of these phone that was in original condition, sold it to a friend for $100.00. interesting fact about the 3rd party company making a sideways 302.... too bad W.E. did have that version.... having 2 versions of a 302 would be cool to have in a collection....
John