News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Jumper between C and L2 in AE40 circuit...

Started by RotoTech99, December 21, 2019, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I have a question regarding wiring in an AE40, and on the circuit label forms for them I'd like some information on, please...

The portion of the wiring in question is the orange lead going from the handset to "C" and "L2".. What is the purpose of those connections, please?

My reason for asking is I've noticed on the circuit label it is plainly indicated, but when you look internally at the wiring of the AE40, I haven't seen it, except in a couple of Phoneco refurbed AE40's where the old insulated cloth wire was replaced by plastic jacket wiring matching the original coding colors.

I also have a couple AE40's that don't show the wiring in question I've mentioned here, but work quite well.

If some CRPF members can please explain and clarify the purpose of that part of the circuit, I'd be thankful for the information.

To the CRPF Members I Wish A Merry Christmas.
RotoTech99

rdelius

The wire is hard to see if it is run under the induction coil. The wire is necessary to complete the primary side of the telephone circuit so you can go off hook and talk .Somewhat similar to the L2Y connection on a 302 set

RotoTech99

Dear Rdelius:

Thank you, often the color fade on the conductors is so bad, I can't differentiate the colors...

Do you know of any CRPF member who could have or take a picture of their AE40's internal wiring that would better show the wiring colors, please?

Thank You and Merry Christmas,
RotoTech99

rdelius

I worked on 100ds of these sets while at COT. I ended using a ohm meter to trace wires. Colors were hard to see. Some later sets had plastic wiring.