News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Still in service

Started by Whitcrane76, June 09, 2019, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitcrane76

Not sure if this topic already exists but I think it would make a good one.  Photos of old phones still in service (not in your collection). I'll start with this one I took the other day, 1966 554 still serving with AT&T. 
Start looking and let's see what you find.

andre_janew

We all have that one phone in our collection which is used every day.  For me, that would be my Western Electric 1554.

Babybearjs

:) with me, its my entire system! keeping the old 1960's vintage telephones up and running! 444's, 445's, 544's 564's 2565's and my favorite, the 2544! (3 line touch tone!) plus my "antique" key system! (1960's)!
John

CanadianGuy

I'd love to know what purpose these sets have (or had?) Even in small offices, I see rows of similar or identical phones. I'm guessing they were for testing intra office trunks and such?

shadow67

Here is one from my office...

Key2871

My 551-C is still going strong. Had this for over twenty years still going and to keep it in working order, I have spair parts for it.
KEN

AT2796

I don't think this is what Whitcrane76 meant but I'm sure he will find it as amusing as I do. 110 year old cable, the 1940 cable is also still in service.
Andy

Whitcrane76

Quote from: AT2796 on June 14, 2019, 06:47:43 PM
I don't think this is what Whitcrane76 meant but I'm sure he will find it as amusing as I do. 110 year old cable, the 1940 cable is also still in service.

Not what I was talking about but I like it.  Bellsouth used to say cable paid for itself in about 7 years, so do the math!
  I was really just looking for day to day spottings of old phones still in use. If you see one, snap a picture.

Babybearjs

My 551-C is in storage for now... if my 1A1 system ever totally dies on me, I have a backup!
John