News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Woo Hoo! Looky what I got!

Started by Russ Kirk, July 21, 2010, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

I got this today.  Ok,  my secret is out.  I love princess phones and everything princess phone.  I know it is not "manly", but they are the cutest phones in my collection.

This is a Princess phone - yes it is a dial phone so it fits this forum - with a pen holder and a business card holder.

Ok, let the ribbing begin!

Russ.....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dan/Panther

Russ;
What do you mean kidding, I want one.
Bill Cahill hates pink phones.  I like pink shirts, pink phones  and Chihuahua's.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Russ:

Is the cards holder attached to the base?
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Lots of guys collect pink phones, Russ.  I have several of my own.  Only a couple of them are Princess phones, but I do have a dozen or so Princess phones in other colors.  

That's a nice nick-nack for your desk.

bwanna

i have one of those also, russ. as you can see, mine is in the more manly color of black  :o i have post-a-notes in the card holder. yes, jorge...it is all one piece. the mechanical pencil belonged to my dad..he worked for western electric.
donna

Kenny C

D/P
I just got a mental picture of you wearing a pink polo shirt carring a chihauha in a pink  tote bag txting on a pink black berry
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Greg G.

Hey, I started out not wanting pink phones either until I found out how collectible they are, now I have one.  I still won't do Princess phones, though.  But that's only because they just don't rotate my dial.  Neither does pink attire.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
I didn't know your Dad worked for W.E., Maybe that's the missing link we need. Do you know of any fellow workers that may be around. Is your dad still alive ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Russ Kirk

It is great to see that there are other collectors that also like these accessories.  When I find something I have never see before,  I' glad to see other collectors have one also.

I tried to place one of my business cards in the slot,  the slot was a little too small.  Guess I will use it for post-its. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Phone accessories I can take or leave.  I keep an eye out for them when I'm out thrift crawling, but it still has to be a somewhat vintage item.  I won't touch anything made in China, Taiwan, or the like.  It has to have a decor value to it, e.g. I don't really care for signs too much.  Has anybody seen those note/pencil holders in another phone model?  I've found a few vintage phone almanacs on ebay that I like:

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

i collect all manner of phone trinkets...dime store junk to authentic bell issue. here's a tiny sample... i have a couple of those almanacs, also, greg. i believe there are bell issued replicas of 500 & princess pen holders. i think dennis has some.

sadly, d/p, my dad passed in 1984. he started as an installer for WE, then was an installation supervisor. there has been many a time that i wished i could "talk telco" with him.
donna

bingster

In the last photo, what's the item on the lower shelf with the big dial?
= DARRIN =

bwanna

it's a tape measure. it says "dial tape measure" on it. no bell markings. but, hey it has a dial & is green like the old bell color... glad to see you back, darrin.
donna

Russ Kirk

Bwanna, 

That's a very nice collection of trinkets.

Thanks for sharing,  now i know I have to find some more items. 

The hunt never seems to end...

Russ....

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

JorgeAmely

Donna:
Is there any oil left in the white can? How does it compare to 3-in-1 oil?
Jorge