News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 4 - Pink Princess

Started by bingster, September 22, 2008, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Well I picked it up tonight. Very nice lady, very nice phone. Makes a nice addition to the blue red and beige version. Now I need a black dial version.  ooos, spelled beige wrong. No such color as badge ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Did you actually pick it up in person?  Glad it's as nice as it looks.  And a box to boot.

Mark Stevens

Quote from: BDM on September 30, 2008, 09:32:20 PM
Well I picked it up tonight. Very nice lady, very nice phone. Makes a nice addition to the blue red and badge version. Now I need a black dial version.

Awesome, Brian! I want a black one too. I don't know that much about Princess phones, but have heard that black is particularly rare. I've been on an AE Starlite kick lately, and picked up a swell boxed example. I'll have to take some pics of it!

McHeath

I, uh, painted my Princess this weekend.  (collective gasp from the crowd)  I know, I know, they are never the same when you paint them, but it only cost 10 bucks, it was ugly as all get out, with mixed parts in different tones of ivory/beige and a lot of fading, and I figured if WE could paint them so could I.  My Franken554 was painted by Ma Bell, they even nicely matched the handset cord, and I've seen others painted as well, presumably usually by the late great mothership.  Painted mine a nice pale yellow that is pretty close to WE's color, and got a handset cord to match, and as they said in Buckaroo Banzai, "Wherever you go there you are".

Dan/Panther

I will bid $36.00, Oh! sorry I see the contest is over, what did it go for ???

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson