News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

General DataComm Industries - Data Auxilary Set

Started by AE_Collector, February 18, 2018, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Okay, this modified ITT 564 set is hanging around and I'm wondering what to do with it. I don't really know which grays are desirable and which aren't. Of course any sunburned graybisnt that desirable, this one needs help though I've seen much worse. Being ITT rather than WECo, maybe little interest in sanding/bleaching the gray shell to make it a proper 564 keyset again?

No line cord on it, the existing one seems as though it was a stranded conductor cable made specifically for this modified phone.

I'm guessing all the little yellow insulated spade lugs are in the wires from the cut line cord but a few might be connections within the phone for its repurposed life. 

Dates are 2 & 3 1972 except for the 1964 C4A Ringer and the 9-71 Dial.

If anyone sees a future for it as a 564 or as Parts to complete another project let me know. It will be "For Sale".

Terry

AE_Collector

paul-f

While obviously modified, the set was probably used to compete with similar Western and Northern Electric sets, such as the 567 or 569.

http://www.paul-f.com/we500typ.htm#567

May be of interest to a collector of early data sets.

BTW, I have a light gray NE 567 with round buttons in my collection -- made in Canada.

Why not keep it as is?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

I guess that someone may have interest in it for what it is. I thought there was some possibility that someone may want it to restore to a gray 564 though being ITT maybe not as much as if it were WECo or NECo.

I am in downsize mode and probably have 4 or 5 phones stored for every one that is really a part of my collection. I am hauling things out of storage one at a time and using various means to find many of them new homes. This way hopefully there won't be any panic to unload things down the road.

Terry

paul-f

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 18, 2018, 11:28:28 PM
... I am hauling things out of storage one at a time and using various means to find many of them new homes. ...

Sorry for my poor use of the English language, Terry. I wasn't really suggesting you keep it.  I'm also eliminating duplicates and focusing my collection for the same reasons.

As we spread the wealth, hopefully new owners will be encouraged to keep the phones in their original configurations. In this case, there are enough 564s out there that collectors shouldn't have to convert other, scarcer models to a more common model.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

Well that's true. I usually try to convince collectors to keep Freq Ringers in AE sets especially if it is coded on the base for the Ringer that is in it. But....untill a collector has large numbers of phones they usually want all of their early collection items to ring.

Terry