and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Completed Edison Home Cylinder Player with Cygnet Horn

Started by Bill Cahill, June 14, 2010, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

donna

Bill Cahill

Well, "You asked for it", and, so, by popular demand, here are better pictures of phonos the way they presently are in my display room.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

The first photo shows my complete Home with cygnet horn, C 2 min. reproducer in front of machine,  repro elbow next to it, no llonger used, I now have an original, and, H 4 min. reproducer on machine. I have a 4 min. Blue Amberol on the "Mandrel" of machine.

Nect pic. My Amberola 3, the best machine in my collection.The home is next best, and, very close second.
Some brilliant dummy cut the lower half of case off the 3 many years ago.
This machine uses t eh "transversing mandrel" of the outside horn Edison Opera.
It's 4 min., has Diamond A reproducer for playing only the 4 min. celluloid cylinders.
Next to the 3  also with it's legs cut off, is my un restored, though very rare Edison William and, Mary style diamond disc phonograph.

In the last photo, the as yet not finnished Edison Fireside model A cylinder phonograph.
The fireside came out in 1908, it's 2, and, 4 min. combination, has the combination model K reproducer, and, two piece red fireside horn.
Tv in background is a set I'm restoring. An RCA Victor model 6T65, dating to 1950.
I'rm restoring the case, and, have to yet restore the chassis.
Hope you guys enjoyed seeing the pics.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."