News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Very, Very Phone-y Christmas!!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, December 25, 2015, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

This is by far the best Christmas I have ever had!!! I can't believe some of the phones and phone related stuff I got!

For starters, I opened a Salesman's Sample 500, which appeared to be light beige at first. Then I looked at the letters and numbers; Rose Beige!! It's in beautiful shape, with the matching-colored base plate.

I opened another, and pulled out another 1937 302!!! This one has short ears, small plungers, vented cradle, and one-bump-bottom, but has screwed-on feet and a ringer adjustment lever. Paint is in beautiful shape!

The 3rd was an early 20B, with what appears to be original nickel under the amateur paint job. Because it looks like it was done by an amateur, the nickel might not be sandblasted, and might be restorable. My Mom picked it up off Craigslist, thinking it was a Kellogg or something, and took a risk at $30!!! It has patent dates on the perch, and the original cord grommet. It also came with a 143 Receiver, which looks fairly early, with a thicker cap than I've seen before. The transmitter is probably what threw her off, which I will have to replace with a *329* transmitter or something similar. It came out of a Milwaukee coal yard, so I have a little personal history to go along with it! This would be early enough for an OST, right?

Finally, a Wisconsin Telephone Company sign that was mounted on the West Allis, WI Central Office. This is the exact CO that my first phone, the one I got my hobby started with, was hooked up to for so many years! This one is cast aluminum, and looks like I will only need to clean it with a toothbrush!

I have never in my wildest dreams ever believed that I would get phone stuff like this for Christmas!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

Christian....you received some wonderful phones and a great sign. You are the first to get a phone(s) from Santa...congrats....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Christian, Santa did good by you this year for sure.  Congratulations on the nice haul!

~Dennis

Buzby

Very nice, Christian. You must be on the Santa VIP list.  ;)

NorthernElectric

To paraphrase Francis Pharcellus Church, Yes Christian, there is a Santa Claus!   ;D
Cliff

Dan/Panther

Christian;
Great haul from Santa.
I got a large black item for Christmas also.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson