News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone shows

Started by bingster, March 08, 2009, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Anybody planning on going to a telephone show this year?  I'm making plans to be at the "spring" TCI show in June in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  Anybody else going?

Details:  http://www.telephonecollectors.org/events/events.htm
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

You know Bingster, that's not all that far from Detroit.  Maybe BDM and I can car pool down there.  Probably a five hour drive or so from here.   That would be a lot of fun.  Anyone else from Michigan want to go?  JimH?

Sargeguy

I plan on being in Enfield, CT.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan

I'm going to the labor day TCI show in Cincinnati sept 4 & 5
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Greg G.

I'm waiting for the one in Seattle.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

benhutcherson

I'll probably make it to the Cincinnatti one also.

McHeath

We don't have any local phone shows so I'm jealous.  We do have some great gang fights over on C street on Friday nights, does that count?

bingster

Only if they throw cell phones at each other.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
Only if they throw cell phones at each other.
;D

Truth is stranger than fiction:

"Hate your mobile phone? You've missed you chance to enter the 2007 World Cellphone Throwing Championship, held in Savonlinna, Finland last weekend. The winner in the men's category was Mika Paajanen with a toss of 76.68 meters (212 feet), while Eija Laakso defended her title in the women's category with a hurl of 44.49 meters. Not noted was the brand of phone throw. I'd have gladly contributed my Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) Razr, which has a battery life measured in nanoseconds, and I can't even shave with it."

BDM

Her arm reminds me of something from the movie Alien!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Greg G.

Quote from: HobieSport on March 12, 2009, 11:55:50 AM

Truth is stranger than fiction:

"Hate your mobile phone? You've missed you chance to enter the 2007 World Cellphone Throwing Championship, held in Savonlinna, Finland last weekend. The winner in the men's category was Mika Paajanen with a toss of 76.68 meters (212 feet), while Eija Laakso defended her title in the women's category with a hurl of 44.49 meters. Not noted was the brand of phone throw. I'd have gladly contributed my Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) Razr, which has a battery life measured in nanoseconds, and I can't even shave with it."

So is that Mika or Eija?  I'm not real sure...
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Just came back from the Enfield show.  There were a lot of great phones for sale, and a lot of junky ones as well.  I picked up a 554 for $5.  I got a couple repro cloth cords for $2.50 each and an original NOS cloth handset cord for $.50.  I picked up a brass fingerwheel for $5 and several 70s era black painted aluminum fingerwheels for $.50 each.  My biggest purchase was a seamless E-1 for $35.  I got to talk to a lot of nice people and got some great advice.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

It sounds like a good time.  Boy, I wish I could have been there.  I would love to go to a large, Regional show.  In two weeks there is a TCI show within an hour or so from here in Mason, Michigan.  I will be there when the door opens at 8:00AM, if as my father would say, The Lord is willing and the creek don't rise before then.

AET

Quote from: HobieSport on March 12, 2009, 11:55:50 AM

Razr, which has a battery life measured in nanoseconds, and I can't even shave with it."

Ha, I went with a girl who had one of these, it never lived long.  It was like being on a corded phone all the time, couldn't never go nowhere without having to plug the dang thing in!  I'll stick with my Samsung, until Western Electric comes back to life with a Cellphone line.  But I think that a rotary dial cell phone would be a trick to text on, don't you?
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: AtomicEraTom
I think that a rotary dial cell phone would be a trick to text on, don't you?

Not if you do it while driving a fast moving vehicle during rush hour... ;)